• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Should season passes include All content?

I mean this for all games in general but I'll be talking about Snowrunner specifically. When Snowrunner came out I purchased the premium version with season pass for $60 assuming that would make sure I don't miss out on any of the new content or have to keep purchasing things. Cut to today and a new truck is being launched with 2 skins for an extra $4 that isn't included in the season pass already despite only 1 of 4 phases of the season pass being fulfilled. Now the game is absolutely fantastic and this isn't as much of a complaint about the game but more about the trend of upselling things like season passes only to then produce more content that isn't covered by these upsells. I know $4 isn't much in the grand scheme of things but it just seems like a bit of a money grab. I've been told i'm being petty for thinking this way so I figured I would throw it up to GAF and see if i'm in the minority here.

I guess it should be clear exactly what is in each pass. If something comes out during the time of a season pass it should be included imo.

Season passes are a joke to me anyways.
I should have included that in the OP ( i don't make very many threads just participate usually) but the description of the season pass definitely says vehicles.
NITBt10.png

cormack12

Gold Member
Yeah, the season pass is usually a bundle right. A bundle of all the DLC at a discount price because you're paying up front and committing to a number of sales on loyalty

SCB3

Included outright or Earnable in-game with the Season Pass

only Fortnite and Destiny(mostly) get this right, Avengers seems to be doing fine with its Challenge Cards but that remains to be seen when New Heroes come out

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Pretty much yes. Why sell a season pass in order to then release DLC not in it? More importantly, why would you buy into a deal like that?

When you buy a season pass you're buying into the promise of future DLC, if games are not gonna include all the content then might as well review each piece of dlc one by one.

Soodanim

Gold Member
When I bought the season pass for Hyrule Warriors, there were eventually characters that weren't part of that and I was confused and a bit annoyed. I'd always taken Season Pass to mean "All DLC Pass" that you got cheaper as an all in one for buying ahead of time.

I don't buy anything until it's all said and done, now.

Last edited:

Fbh

Not really.
But IMO devs/publishers should be clear about what content is included in the season pass and I personally expect them to focus on finishing and releasing the season pass content before they start releasing additional paid content that isn't included.

If a season pass says I'm getting 10 cars and then after I've gotten those 10 cars they start releasing additional stuff or a second season pass, I don't care.
If a season pass says I'm getting 10 cars but so far I've only gotten 2 and they've started releasing a bunch of other cars which aren't included, I'd probably be upset.

Not really.
But IMO devs/publishers should be clear about what content is included in the season pass and I personally expect them to focus on finishing and releasing the season pass content before they start releasing additional paid content that isn't included.

If a season pass says I'm getting 10 cars and then after I've gotten those 10 cars they start releasing additional stuff or a second season pass, I don't care.
If a season pass says I'm getting 10 cars but so far I've only gotten 2 and they've started releasing a bunch of other cars which aren't included, I'd probably be upset.
I can agree that once a season pass has ran it's course any future DLCs wouldnt be included. In this case we are only on phase 1 of 4 phases of the pass.

Top Bottom