• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shout! Factory launching Twitch channel with MST3K marathon (38 episodes)

kulapik

The button’s been pushed and the experiments have been sent. There’s only one thing that can mean…
WE’VE GOT MOVIE SIGN!
We’re celebrating the launch of Shout! Factory TV’s official Twitch channel with a marathon of 38 classic episodes of the cult favorite TV show, Mystery Science Theater 3000. If you’re familiar, you’ll know MST3K’s hilarious movie commentaries are a perfect fit for the Twitch chat experience. If you’re not familiar, well, we could tell you more about Joel, Mike and the bots ‘riffing’ their way through the cheesiest movies ever made, but this video’s got it all covered.

Starting June 26th, you’ll be the subject of a six-day experiment to see how long it takes for the human spirit to break after suffering the type of DEEP HURTING that only the cheesiest movies on the planet can provide. Films like The Killer Shrews, Final Justice and The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies are part of an all star lineup of cinematic clunkers that The Mads sent us straight from Deep 13.
We’re even going to pile on the pain with an assortment of vintage educational shorts and other bonus content in between each episode.

If you somehow make it to the last day intact, The Mads have enlisted the help of some long time MSTies here at Twitch to help demolish you with a hand-picked selection of MST3K favorites that even The Master would approve. Of course, you’ll also have Twitch chat and some brand new MST3K emotes (for active channel subs) to help get you through, so you may survive by the skin of your teeth. Just don’t expect it to be as easy as falling over a handrail on a space station
https://blog.twitch.tv/shout-factor...ater-3000-on-twitch-d252a8a090ae?sf91821244=1

Episodes that will be shown:
Cave Dwellers
The Touch of Satan
Final Justice
City Limits
Phantom Planet
Hercules Unchained
The Girl in the Gold Boots
Mad Monster
Swamp Diamonds
Tormented
Angels Revenge
The Sword and the Dragon
Manhunt in Space
Red Zone Cuba
The Unearthly
The Wild World of Batwoman
Crash of the Moons
The Starfighters
The Rebel Set
Secret Agent Super Dragon
Ring of Terror
The Atomic Brain
The Indestructible Man
Hamlet
The Beatniks
Legend of Boggy Creek II
Attack of the Giant Leeches
The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies
Gunslinger
The Corpse Vanishes
The Violent Years
Monster A Go-Go
Code Name: Diamond Head
The Human Duplicators
Beginning of the End
The Painted Hills
Night of the Blood Beast
The Killer Shrews

jwk94

Guess I'll finally get to watch MST3K! Speaking of Twitch marathons, have they done another Twitch Presents since Power Rangers? I know they had the Mr. Rogers marathon, but that was a different thing.

Fat4all

Banned
Shout! Factory does great work, their Scream Factory lineup is fantastic as well.

They're also who I get my pony seasons from.

kulapik

Guess I'll finally get to watch MST3K! Speaking of Twitch marathons, have they done another Twitch Presents since Power Rangers? I know they had the Mr. Rogers marathon, but that was a different thing.
They used TwitchPresents for the E3 Coliseum thingy.

Fat4all

Banned
I know that The Final Sacrifice and Space Mutiny are overplayed, but I still love them.

I'll just go watch the YouTube cuts I guess.

So here's a thing that happened to me today..

Back before Twitch, it was Justin.tv. On JTV I had the channel name/domain "MysteryScienceTheater3000" and I used to play episodes in rotation. That was years ago. Well, evidently, the channel names from JTV automatically carried over to Twitch. Today, thanks to this news I guess, my mail inbox has been flooded with people who subscribed or followed my channel on Twitch that I never knew I had.

Umbooki

So here's a thing that happened to me today..

Back before Twitch, it was Justin.tv. On JTV I had the channel name "MysteryScienceTheater3000" and I used to play episodes in rotation. That was years ago. Well, evidently, the channel names from JTV automatically carried over to Twitch. Today, thanks to this news I guess, my mail inbox has been flooded with people who subscribed or followed my channel on Twitch that I never knew I had.
JTV was a beautiful time. I remember staying up until the wee hours of the morning watching dudes play videogames and guitars.

DiscoJer

Recently watched the first season of MST3k, the legit first season. Jarring as fuck.

Eh. Some of them of still pretty good. Hangar 18 is in my top 5 of all MST3K episodes. But then again, I also love that movie.

But in the early episodes it's pretty obvious they are just saying stuff as they think of it, not having any jokes written ahead of time.

Light Hobo

Neo Member
Great News!

I'm pretty sure you watched the KTMA season.

That's...for hardcore fans only. And I'm a hardcore fan. And it sucks.

VIOSY0nivUs9DRmwYwXPDAtVVZ4=.gif

Yeah those are real hard to sit through. Joel originally wanted to keep the riffing light so people could appreciate the bad movies. Plus "NO MIKE" *wistle*

HylianTom

Banned
The KTMA episodes are quite good for bedtime viewing, in that they're oddly comforting and I find it easy to fall asleep with them on. And they have some really oddly watchable movies.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Well the marathon is on. starting with Cave Dwellers of course. Fun fact: the footage they show in the beginning/ending credits is from a completely different movie called Tor, The Mighty. A film that ironically features quite a bit of cave dwelling.

hutna

Monster A Go Go is one of my favorites. I'm probably the only person this is true for.

I still believe this to be the worst movie the first 10 seasons of the show ever did. Great episode though. Even the short has one of if not my favorite Tom singing moments (the pink candy skaters song).

Top Bottom