• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Night Trailer - New John Woo movie

Stitch

Gold Member

Starring Joel Kinnaman, Scott Mescudi, Harold Torres and Catalina Sandino Moreno. Written by Robert Archer Lynn. Directed by John Woo.

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office
Go Ahead Yes GIF

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Looks pretty alright considering the low budget. Shame about the digital squibs and all the visual effects. Practical work like in John Woo's classics has so much more punch to it.

Will watch though! Good to see Woo and Kinnaman getting work.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Not bad. The mute schtick is, a twist I guess? Looks like it has some good vehicle parts though, which is fairly cool.

I gotta wonder about the current appeal of these revenge flicks though. Are they a response to a feeling of helplessness and distrust in the ability of government to keep us safe? Kinda like in the 70s with all the Death Wish type films. We've seen the reality is that the gov't CRACKS DOWN on those who defend against the mob rather than engage the problem directly, so I suppose that's the fantasy these movies represent, you could at least get payback.

near

Gold Member
The last John Woo film I watched was Red Cliff. It's been ages, I'm ready for my fix.

Looks pretty alright considering the low budget. Shame about the digital squibs and all the visual effects. Practical work like in John Woo's classics has so much more punch to it.

Will watch though! Good to see Woo and Kinnaman getting work.
Yeah it was weird seeing that in a John woo film. Almost like they've attached his name to something that isn't his style.

Nothing I enjoy more than an action film based solely on revenge.

Top Bottom