• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

similarities between resident evil(1996 game) and judge dredd(1995 movie)

mansoor1980

Gold Member
the fav boxart thread made me post this thread , some dude on twitter saw similarities between RE and the sly movie

cover

F1aGJK9WwAECzCo

cutscenes

EfLtfC_XYAE4_29.jpg:large

EfLtfC_XYAA_xFr

EfLtfC_XgAAKtPd

other examples are welcome

Re: the contra poster mentioned above. Ie this one:

6592347_contra_predator_alien_rambo.jpg

What's funny about the picture is that the artwork for the "rambo" guy is also taken from predator... its Arnie as well lol.

Contra-Predator.jpg

So there's this weird amalgamation going on. The body is arnie, but the face was clearly modelled after 'billy' from predator but rather than use Billy's camo bandana they use Rambo.

Last edited:
Japanese games taking cues from American action movies?

im-shoked-im-shocked.gif

Just look up "Silent Hill Kindergarten Cop" or "Metal Gear Solid Terminator/Escape From New York"

It's nothing new, really.
On the subject of mgs, there is a big misconception that escape from new York was the biggest movie influence on the series but its actually the 1996 Nic Cage and Sean Connery movie The Rock.

And I'm talking BIG influences. Mgs2 alone is basically the rock. An off shore facility gets taken over by an elite group of soldiers (big shell / alcatraz) even at one point you have to find fat man's bombs just like the v8 missiles in the rock. Even the idea of nic cages character being inexperienced and aided by an older vetern of Sean connery is basically the dynamic between snake and raiden.

I could probably list about 50 things that mgs lifted from the rock lol.

Drizzlehell

Banned
On the subject of mgs, there is a big misconception that escape from new York was the biggest movie influence on the series but its actually the 1996 Nic Cage and Sean Connery movie The Rock.

And I'm talking BIG influences. Mgs2 alone is basically the rock. An off shore facility gets taken over by an elite group of soldiers (big shell / alcatraz) even at one point you have to find fat man's bombs just like the v8 missiles in the rock. Even the idea of nic cages character being inexperienced and aided by an older vetern of Sean connery is basically the dynamic between snake and raiden.

I could probably list about 50 things that mgs lifted from the rock lol.
Yeah, in fact, Kojima lifted ideas from various Hollywood movies, not just The Rock. And the Escape From NY connection is mainly in the character of Snake Plissken, and not much else.

Last edited:
Top Bottom