• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Six Days in Fallujah will be released via Steam Early Access in June

Draugoth

Gold Member
Six-Days-in-Fallujah-c-1280x720.jpg

The controversial war game Six Days in Fallujah will be released via Steam Early Access on June 22, 2023.

The long-in-development game aims to tell the story of the Second Battle of Fallujah, which took place in 2004, from the perspective of the American troops fighting the Iraqi insurgents, as well as members of the city’s civilian population.

Priced at $39.99, it will launch in Early Access with four co-operative four-player missions set in urban maps that are procedurally generated each time the game is played, according to publisher Victura. These missions will focus on the experiences of US Marine fireteams on the first day of the battle.

Later in Early Access, players will also be able to play co-operatively as special operations or Iraqi soldiers fighting alongside coalition forces. Victura said it plans to release campaign missions recreating real stories from the battle too, with the finished product expected to be available for both consoles and PC in 2024.

Six Days in Fallujah was originally scheduled to be published by Konami over a decade ago, but the publisher pulled out in 2009 due to the controversial nature of the game, which attracted criticism from several quarters including military veterans and anti-war groups.

Last edited:
Disappointed that this doesn't include a single player otherwise I would've bought it day one.
They plan on completing a campaign over the course of early access. And the enemy A.I. looks amazing so I'm sure they can make a friendly A.I. squad like Brothers in Arms.

GutsOfThor

They plan on completing a campaign over the course of early access. And the enemy A.I. looks amazing so I'm sure they can make a friendly A.I. squad like Brothers in Arms.

Oh shit I didn't know that. Hopefully it comes to consoles at some point. I definitely want to play it

HTK

Banned
I feel like I've seen this game and trailer quite a few times in the last 5 years. Hard pass.

Oh shit I didn't know that. Hopefully it comes to consoles at some point. I definitely want to play it
They plan on bringing it to consoles and they also said that crossplay is high on their priority list!

Here is there website. https://www.sixdays.com/

They even have their own message board forum on there so can ask the dev team questions or mention any concerns you may have. They seem very responsive and have even changed uniform patterns and soldier models based on community feedback to make it as accurate to 2004 Iraq as possible.

Joke is I've seen other games that look just like this.
Like what?

Ready or Not (A game about Swat Teams)? Not the same.

Ground Branch (A general tactical co-op game)? Similar gameplay, still not the same.

This is the first game of it's kind. Procedurally generated levels each time you play. No building interior or exterior is ever the same. Based on real, historical accounts of Iraq War veterans as well as Iraqi Soldiers and Civilians.

Tell me another game that has done this.

Corian33

Pretty wild that this game is actually coming out. I was excited to play it….12 years ago. Will be interesting to see how good this procedural generation is, would be chaotic fighting through streets and buildings that are always plausible but unfamiliar.

I’m guessing the game journos are warming up the keyboards right now to lecture us all about an event that occurred when they were 6 years old and why we should feel bad about it.

Top Bottom