• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skin care for men - What do you use?

So i've been using face moisturizers forever. Not too cheap and not too expensive stuff such as Aveeno, Cetaphil, and occasionally if more expensive stuff like Kiehl's which i love. I recently found out that I also have to use lotions that hydrates my skin. So i tried a pretty expensive brand tester and my skin felt so much better. The thing is, i don't want to spend $45 on a 2 oz bottle of expensive brand. Also i'm thinking that the market is way inflated, and I could get something that is great but won't break the bank. What are some brands that you guys use?

llien

Most of the time nothing, if it gets too bad, whatever item from her vast arsenal my spouse suggests to use.

Isn't Cetaphil normally used by people suffering from Neurodermitis?

Breakage

The only cream I've been using on my face for years is Nivea Soft. I only use it once a day before I go out. When I'm at home, I don't put anything on my face.

Osukaa

I use soap and water.

Jeeze man if your profile pic is real I think you need to upgrade to some premium priced skin care and a trip to the beach for a tan lol :p

Also OP I use just St Ives Lotion which keeps my skin pretty much hydrated. I have used some stuff from Shiseido as a gift I received but man that stuff was like 85.00 a bottle. I wont lie though it really felt nice and silky smooth but I cant afford that kinda treatment. Looking forward to what others might use as a somewhat good alternative.

KaiserBecks

I use the Clinique 3-Step skin care set during winter, because my facial skin tends to be dry. I can’t recommend it enough. It lasts pretty long so it‘s not as expensive as it seems. I wouldn‘t focus on „men“ branded items exclusively, it all depends on what type of skin you have.

Ka-Kui

Nivea for men.

My family's been using Nivea for years. I don't know what the difference is between the regular and the one for men. Whatever, I use whichever is available.

Look no further:

10599978-8054461279782955.jpg

Big4reel

I used 100 yen shampoo and body wash since I moved back to Japan ( I feel sorta cheap with my money these past few months) but my friends told me its bad so I decided to trash the shampoo and buy something that costs more.

Now I wonder if I should do the same for my body soap...

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I used to be really strict about my skincare and only used products for hyper sensitive skin as many products have irritants in them.

I use the Toleriane line by La Roche-Posay as they are the only products that don't break me out in spots or cause irritation.

Past few years I've been trying to avoid using anything other than just water on my face though. I will give it a proper cleanse and moisturise once or twice a week but most of the time just use plain water to rinse it now that I'm older and my skin is a bit less oily. My skin has never looked better so I think a lot of the time these fancy skincare products are entirely unnecessary and maybe do more harm than good.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
I am basically back to using nothing.
I wash my body with Neutrogena body wash and use the body scrub wash every 3-5 days.

But just water on my face now.

I dont know what it is but everything drys me out.
I have perfect skin aside from my forehead. I am constantly battling 2 or 3 zits there. I'm almost 40, dont use hair product but still fight with my forehead.

lachesis

I have developed some skin condition from extreme dryness, so I've been using Bioderma creme lotion after taking shower.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I use a handful of items. Innisfree, Korean skin care. I use their moisturizer, their face lotion, and a snake venom for wrinkles.

I also use a toner at night and sun lotion during the day.

Korean beauty products are very popular. I've noticed my skin feels 10x better and cleaner because of it.

lil puff

If anything my skin gets too oily, but generally I do nothing. I don't even use soap on my face, although I'm sure it gets wash with the shampoo I use.

In general I guess I don't use too many 'products', even when I cut my hair and beard, I use the trimmers and leave it alone.

Kadayi

Banned
Nivea, Bulldog or Real Shave Company Moisturizer. Though tbh I don't tend to use them too often I just try and keep myself hydrated as much as possible.

Top Bottom