• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sky Captain Stupidity

Status
Not open for further replies.

COCKLES

being watched
From IMDB:-

:(

In yet another technological miracle, Laurence Olivier, who died 15 years ago, will be resurrected to play a role in the forthcoming sci-fi film Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, according to Jude Law, who stars in the title role of the film. Appearing at the annual Comic-Con convention in San Diego, Law disclosed that the filmmakers plan to use old footage of the actor in his prime and show him "in hologram form." As reported by the Associated Press, Law remarked: "It was important we find someone with incredible power. And a lot of the great classical actors of today have already done those roles. ... We suddenly thought, 'Hang on a minute ... It might actually work with someone who is deceased.'" Olivier's voice will be dubbed by another actor, he said. The movie is due to be released on Sept. 17.

Phoenix

Billions of people in the world today and you have to pick someone who is dead to handle the role? Uh, okay :)

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
The guy doing the dubbing must be gutted, they'd rather re-animate a dead guy than put him on film.

Guzim

And all I keep seeing is dead celebrities hawking products! You've got poor old Vincent Price floating around in a toilet keg telling me about the horrors of an unfresh bowl!

MASB

Guzim said:
And all I keep seeing is dead celebrities hawking products! You've got poor old Vincent Price floating around in a toilet keg telling me about the horrors of an unfresh bowl!
Really? If so, that's truly terrible. These people are dead, let their work stand for itself and stop resurrecting them to make a quick buck.

ShadowRed

Banned
MASB said:
Really? If so, that's truly terrible. These people are dead, let their work stand for itself and stop resurrecting them to make a quick buck.

I do believe you have to get permission from the reletives of the dead actors in order to use their names. Blame them not the studios for being greedy.

Memles

MASB said:

That's a Simpsons Quote...it's true, but a quote nonetheless, I think.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
ShadowRed said:
I do believe you have to get permission from the reletives of the dead actors in order to use their names. Blame them not the studios for being greedy.
Indeed, I'm sure his estate had to approve this, and is almost certainly getting paid as well.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Not the first time. Humphrey Bogart was a "digital" guest star in a "Tales From The Crypt" episode. As long as the family and estate are cool with a studio doing it, there aren't too many roadblocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom