• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: Steelbook Edition PS4 $29.99 on Amazon

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Oblivion for PS3 for a few hours. That's it.

If you like Oblivion, this is definitely worth it. Just be ready to spend a hundred + hours. This has all the DLC in it too .. so you're going to be spending a loooooot of time in Skyrim.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
If you like Oblivion, this is definitely worth it. Just be ready to spend a hundred + hours. This has all the DLC in it too .. so you're going to be spending a loooooot of time in Skyrim.

To give you an idea of the types of games I like that I think bear some resemblance to this, I enjoy Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne, Fallout 3 and Fallout NV.

Eusis

To give you an idea of the types of games I like that I think bear some resemblance to this, I enjoy Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne, Fallout 3 and Fallout NV.
Fallout 3? And you liked spending SOME time with Oblivion? Go ahead and give this a shot, it's a pretty enjoyable game even if you can find a million and one things wrong with it, but the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

adamsapple

If you liked Fallout 3 and NV then consider this a similar game set in a fantastical world.

I'd say give it a shot man, you're going to enjoy it. It's definitely a better game than both Fallout 3 and NV in my opinion. 200+ Game of the year awards don't hurt either.

Rellik

I played it when it first came out on the 360 for many, many hours. Then double dipped on PC and played for more hours. Now I'm 30 hours deep into the Special Edition. It's a great game, OP.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
If you liked Fallout 3 and NV then consider this a similar game set in a fantastical world.

I'd say give it a shot man, you're going to enjoy it. It's definitely a better game than both Fallout 3 and NV in my opinion. 200+ Game of the year awards don't hurt either.

I enjoy the feeling of becoming overpowered through increasing my stats. I enjoy grinding and more. Is that also possible?

Boss Man

I've been playing the hell out of it. If you like TES games it's worth it. Looks great in 4K too. Dated in many places of course, but overall it looks good.

adamsapple

I enjoy the feeling of becoming overpowered through increasing my stats. I enjoy grinding and more. Is that also possible?

Ohh buddy my buddy .. you're going to loooooove this game.

The Dragon Born (Skyrim's protagonist) can become supremely OP. You can literally shout things to submission, shout to blow things hundreds of feet away from you etc.

I bought it randomly in a sale even though I had already played it on PS3 (crappy port on that might I add), but damn it's pulling me in again like crazy.

Great varied quests with nice little stories to them, especially the ones to do with the Daedra, and just a beautiful world to boot.

Go for it.

styl3s

Did they ever fix the pro version? I almost bought it in November but heard nothing but bad things about it running on the PS4 pro.

Monocle

This is one of the biggest joys of investing lots of time in the game. Fantastic sense of progression.

You can even use exploits to make yourself a set of insanely overpowered armor if you want to. More health and magic than you know what to do with. Virtually unlimited carrying capacity. It's like codes that you can toggle any time.

adamsapple

Did they ever fix the pro version? I almost bought it in November but heard nothing but bad things about it running on the PS4 pro.

It's received some patches since then, don't own it myself (have it on 360, PS3 and PC already) but I've been told the Pro version runs well now.

Justinh

Yeah, if you've never played it before I'd say it's more than worth that price. Sounds like you'd like it from games you said you liked too. (the BethSoft games, not the FromSoft ones...)

Top Bottom