• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smoking GAF: What do you say to a teen that asks you for a cigarette?

KrakenIPA

This happened to me the other day, a kid from across the street yelled at me 'Can I have one?!'

I said 'one what?'

He was obviously not the age to be smoking, nor the age to be yelling from across the street. I did not give him a cigarette, and said 'these things will kill you.'

What do you do in this situation?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
No chance. Even when I was a smoking teenager I wasn't bumming them from strangers. I was paying people to go in the shops for me like everyone else until I got a fake ID.

Work for your vice.

KrakenIPA

No chance. Even when I was a smoking teenager I wasn't bumming them from strangers. I was paying people to go in the shops for me like everyone else until I got a fake ID.

Work for your vice.
That's usually my advice for any vice har!

killatopak

Ask how old are you.

Don’t give one if he’s a minor.

Smoking is very addicting. If I had a choice, I wouldn’t have smoked at all. It’s also a negative influence upon your circle of friends. I, myself, smoked my first one because I saw friends and family members do it.

The spokesman for a group of teens hanging around a gas station told me he was missing his wallet and if I could be a bro and buy them some beer with their cash. I told them sorry but no and they respectfully left it alone.

I've never had a kid ask me for a fag. I guess they all vape now.

Winter John

Gold Member
I tell the kids I’ll buy them a carton if they can recite the lyrics to Hits From The Bong. So far all have failed. Products of bad parenting I guess

nush

As a former kid that used to hang around outside the video rental shop waiting for one of the "big kids" to ask to rent 18 rated films for me, I pay it forward.

Top Bottom