• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, I got a computer and two monitors for christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a 333hz e-machine box. Just trying to figure out what I can do. Im thinking dual monitor my main. Opinions?

Then ill either turn the 333hz into a DOS box/file server. Any other options?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Well, since you're big on MMOs right now, you could use the 333 box for net/irc stuff while you're playing, without needing to ALT+TAB all the time.

good idea, so id have to buy another wireless adapter? The box will be next to my main which is already hooked up via wireless. Could I get a nic card and use a cable? Im I got a C in networking essentials in college, im working off of educated guesses.

I have a spare wireless adapter, as well as a DVI->VGA adapter for yer main machine's vid card. I also have a shitload of NICs and CAT-5 cable.

Does the 333 box have actual USB ports? If not, it might be easier to slap a NIC in it and yer main PC and set up a software network bridge. The wireless adapter I have is one of those old blue Linksys USB jobbies.

B'z-chan

Banned
If i was near washington i would donate my old USB 10/100 adapter that is if you wanted it. God knows why i have it still. Stupid THPS3 on PS2 before the BBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom