• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I just got some of those Ikea Eket fish crates

I have built my home network, I have rebuilt old laptops with OS installs, software, drivers, old games, EMS memory/Mouse/CD-Rom/Gameport and so forth. I can do combos in King of Fighters and do pretzel motions and dream cancels, climax moves and do one frame links in Street Fighter.

But I have never been so infuriated by a cube that is four sides. I got four of these fucking things and I can't get the last side to lock in without it looking like shit. It doesn't go in all the way. I've spent the last few hours trying to get these cubes to look like the store display.

Is this what it's like for DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi to not play shmup games? Is this rage the same feeling that @voostkain felt when he couldn't hype up Stadia? Is this what Xbox fans feel when they can't talk about gamepass? I have never been infuriated by a four sided cube that for all intents and purposes should only take five minutes to put together. I can saw those pegs off and use wood glue to seal them together. But at this point it's like an NES game. I'm mad at the Nintendo and I want to FUCKING WIN. I'm mad at the ikea cube and I want to FUCKING WIN by assembling it the way the instructions show.

1Fgugrv1K4PYJFHE5XtO2BI3w3MWHmFvSr-5lga8Abk.jpg

Tschumi

Try tightening all bolts bit by bit, only fully tightening them once they're all in, and try to do it evenly?

nush

But I have never been so infuriated by a cube that is four sides. I got four of these fucking things and I can't get the last side to lock in without it looking like shit. It doesn't go in all the way. I've spent the last few hours trying to get these cubes to look like the store display.

Gonna need pictures here. If I'm right it's the metal peg and screw locks that are a problem.

Soodanim

Together we can win against the inanimate objects that are getting the better of you.

But we need pics.

Kallax is still king. Unless you buy a PS5.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
Girlfriend here, don't worry, I made it all better for him. It took under 15 minutes to disassemble his mess and make it perfect. The Eket cubes are much easier than the original cubes.

#NoPleasureForEketCubes is now trending on Twitter for toxic feminism.

xD

just fucking stack that shit

who needs a crate anyway when you can just sleep

forget about that shit and take a nice long nap

Top Bottom