• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So is there anywhere that one can return an unopened game w/o a reciept anymore?

I heard that Wal-Mart caught on to that practice pretty quick. I'm hoping to trade-in my free copy of Destroy All Monsters 2 for some free cash. Any ideas?

bjork

Not all Wal-Marts will. If they're smart, they check the on-hands and tell you to get ****ed.

Just go to gamestop and take the 20% off the tradein... they even do it on stolen games, so your 80% profit is really 100% profit when you lifted it!

demi

bjork said:
Just go to gamestop and take the 20% off the tradein... they even do it on stolen games, so your 80% profit is really 100% profit when you lifted it!

Or you are better off chucking it on ebay with a BIN of retail, or $5 less than retail, then just get it back in shipping fees.

bjork

demi said:
Or you are better off chucking it on ebay with a BIN of retail, or $5 less than retail, then just get it back in shipping fees.

You've obviously never needed a hit NOW.

I returned a game to Walmart about a month ago. I had to go to three different Walmarts before I was able to do it, though.

The first one somehow knew that I didn't buy it at Walmart. The girl put it on this grey pad and it told her that I didn't buy it at Walmart.

The second one told me that they didn't accept electronics. It was out in the ghetto, so they may have had a few problems in the past.

The third one was busy as hell, which may have helped me. The girl never bothered to place it on their little grey pad thing and just gave me my $80 on a Superman gift card.

CajoleJuice said:
I heard that Wal-Mart caught on to that practice pretty quick. I'm hoping to trade-in my free copy of Destroy All Monsters 2 for some free cash. Any ideas?
at xmas time you can do it at gamestop and eb...

Since no one else wants to be the unhelpful jerk, I'll be the first to say "give your copy of DAH2 a shot, I know I'm going to"

And in order to make my thread relevant and not derail, I'll say I generally recommend trading or selling games to other people rather than stores, as things genrally tend to work out more amicably for both parties when you cut out the middle man.

demi

platypotamus said:
Since no one else wants to be the unhelpful jerk, I'll be the first to say "give your copy of DAH2 a shot, I know I'm going to"

And in order to make my thread relevant and not derail, I'll say I generally recommend trading or selling games to other people rather than stores, as things genrally tend to work out more amicably for both parties when you cut out the middle man.

I could also trade it off and get something I know I want, then go rent the game for a day, realise I hate it, and return it to say the disc didnt work and get a free rental towards a movie for the day.

Top Bottom