• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, maybe the GT4 situation isn't so hopeless (Speculation inside)

IGN Xbox Mailbag

IGN-Doug said:
Still, if any developer works overtime, it's Polyphony. They're absolutely anal about every little detail. My thinking is that GT4 will be huge, and that everyone will still be happy with it this fall (mumbling and grumbling to themselves as they unlock 500 cars). And then, Sony, which is working on a new dedicated online service, will transfer all that knowledge and technology that Polyphony has been working on for so long to another little something. I suspect Sony will launch its new online system with an online version of GT next year sometime, and that will be the flagship title. Just a little speculation, of course, but hey, you know Polyphony is doing something with all that online technology (which, it admittedly had a hard time getting to work on Sony's system). They're probably unofficially doing all the testing for the service with that game as the test model.

IGN-Jeremy said:
It's Doug's guess based on talking to we, the PS2 guys.

:)

So yeah, you can call it educated.

;)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Yeah...this is, ummm...getting a little ahead of themselves (IGN, I mean)

So we've got Polyphony trying to...

Complete GT4(offline) for holiday release
Complete work on GT4(online) for some 2005 release
Contribute substantially to tech needed for rumored "PS2 Live" service
Create GT4 for PSP by mid 2005

And, on top of that, maybe squeeze some time in to start looking at GT5 for PS3...which I think we'll see sometime around 2009 at this rate ;)

Top Bottom