• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Starfield will be GOTY, right?

Will starfield be GOTY

• Total voters

Buggy Loop

I'm loving TOTK right now but there's no way Starfield doesn't steal this.

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

Good luck to any games releasing in fall 2023 to compete against this

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Honestly, i can't help but feel Starfield is committing the same mistakes post 1.0 No Man's Sky did. Too much features, no synergy between them and none worth engaging with. I could be wrong but knowing bethesda and considering what they've shown, i'm almost certain that'll be the case.

Still, i don't doubt it'll still gather a lot of players, assuming launch isn't a complete disaster.

Pallas

Honestly I love what I’ve seen if Starfield and it might be my personal GOTY once I had time playing it but I don’t see anything beating TOTK.

Draugoth

Gold Member
I'm an admitted Fallout & Skyrim Whore.
My relationship with Bethesda goes like this:
They are the fabulous superb girlfriend who cheats on you often but you forgive her all the time coz she's so darn adorable 😊

Skyrim was fantastic but damn near unplayable at release on X360 and PS3

VAVA Mk2

Man I still need to finish BOTW so I can crunch through TOTK before September....I still need RE 4 and Metroid Prime Remastered. Holy shit what a great year for gaming.

ckaneo

It will be TOTK.

As good as Starfield looks it will take time to iron out the bugs, performance, mods, and DLC story to make it the masterpiece it will become. TOTK is nearly bug free right out the gate

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Honestly, i can't help but feel Starfield is committing the same mistakes post 1.0 No Man's Sky did. Too much features, no synergy between them and none worth engaging with. I could be wrong but knowing bethesda and considering what they've shown, i'm almost certain that'll be the case.

Still, i don't doubt it'll still gather a lot of players, assuming launch isn't a complete disaster.
Except unlike No Mans Sky, Starfield is being made by an experienced team that also had basically 8 years and an unlimited budget to conceptualize and put the game together.

Skyrim was fantastic but damn near unplayable at release on X360 and PS3

This is just objectively false, millions of people played the game at launch on Xbox 360, it was fine, and actually the lead platform. The PS3 version was busted.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I think totk take it but I've not played starfield yet...it looks amazing..so maybe its a split which would be pretty great.

RCU005

I thought the same. I’m currently watching the Direct and it feels like all the features they are talking about are not converging. I would have to see raw gameplay.

The game looks amazing, though. Whoever gets GOTY, won’t mean the others didn’t deserve it.

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
I understand the feeling. Felt this way during the Fallout 4 reveal. Then the game was released. Sadly.

Todd is brilliant with showing his games prior to the release. The release itself could be an actual issue, because both F4 and F76 were far from stellar.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Why does it matter? There are dozens if not hundreds of GOTY awards. And there are usually a handful of games that really matter each year. Then we as gamers argue about those.
True, play what you enjoy. Just games or even movies win awards is no guarantee you personally gonna enjoy it.

diffusionx

Gold Member
this year we are getting the backlog of titles delayed because of the coof. It's unusually competitive but that doesn't speak less of any individual game.

Not sure why Spidey is getting laughed at in the poll, the first one was fantastic and this one should be too.

EDMIX

Hype is a dangerous thing, we were already here with no man's sky.

Keep your expectations in check!!!!
lol I'm saying

I only came in caring about Avowed and Starfield, was not disappointed, don't give a shit about anything else MS showed. I'm going into those games based on what I know those teams do well and nothing more. Starfield likely will be some Fallout, Skyrim in space type thing, with jank and bugs, but enjoyable story, but nothing ground breaking is going on, but I knew that with Fallout 4 and it was one of my favorite games that released in 2015 (more then Witcher 3)

shiiiiiit I'm about to start a new game in Fallout 4 lol

Point is, what many of us personally like with Bethesda, doesn't often translate into many, many GOTYs outside of Skyrim in 2011. I'm hype and its a day 1 for me, but its also a game i know isn't going to be taking majority GOTYs. Zelda, Spiderman etc will likely sweep.

(and thats ok buds)

Top Bottom