• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So that JoJo's Bizarre Adventure movie is looking........better than expected?

SoulUnison

Banned
I can't figure out what the actual tone of this movie is.

Completely serious?
Self-aware of its cheese?
Weirdly high budget special effects juxtaposed with over-the-top Sentai-style acting?

Miike put in the work, to be sure, but I think this just proves once and for all that 99% of anime doesn't work in live-action.

Slayven

To fucking Despicable Me 3, of all movies.

And VR

Kamen-Rider-Ex-Aid-Creator-Gamer-2.jpg

Based Takashi Miike. No one does a live action adaptation as well as he does. Hope to see this movie in full someday. Too bad we won't get the full story.

Ionic

That does look better than expected. It's a shame it's only part of Part 4, instead of all of it. Sucks that it bombed in Japan.

Wouldn't the main plot points of the whole part have to be like a 5 hour movie minimum? Im definitely going to see it whenever it makes it's way to the states in some form but I'm not certain I expect the series to finish.

RRockman

Banned
It didn't tickle my fancy at all.

To me it didn't really feel good when they hit something. Like both sluggish and weak. Maybe it's the lack of hitstop/held frames?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Apparently the intro song is written by Marty Friedman (Or at least he plays the guitar parts)

Top Bottom