• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So what's the deal with Exorcist: The Beginning - will we get both versions at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doncale

Banned
as most of you movie buffs know, the 1st version of the 4th Exorcist movie: 'The Beginning' was scrapped. it didnt have enough gore and horror, in the opinion of one of the directors or producers in charge (i forget who, sorry)... the new version is widely accepted to be shit...although the new director ( i think) also did Nightmare on Elm Street 4: Dream Master., so it cant be all bad.

what's the word on getting the original version of Exorcist: The Beginning released on DVD? I read that both versions of the movie are going to be on the DVD but havent bothered to find out if thats true (i JUST read that a few min ago) I thought GAF might be the best place to get a confirmation.....

<----- loved Exorcist 1 and 3

No confirmation at the moment as it is still up in the air.

After the movie has been out in the theaters for a few weeks the info will probably come out.

It was pretty shocking to hear they reshot pretty well the entire film. That almost never ever happens as it is far too expensive. Your info is right though, Harlin stepped in after the first movie they made wasn't what they wanted. To recoup that initial investment it makes sense that they would stick in on DVD.

doncale

Banned
man, cant wait to find out if the DVD will have both versions.... imagine that, TWO Exorcist prequels...

doncale

Banned
when i saw the original exorcist in the late 80s, i found it scary for sure, but nothing i couldnt watch. the freakiest part for me was when there was that earthquake in reagans bedroom, both preists fall down, and you see that awful statue....

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
What's the general consensus of the final version coming out on the 20th? Is it supposed to be gory or more drama-scary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom