• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, with the release of the next gen consoles, are the Wii, PS3 and 360 officially retro now?

Are the 360/Wii/PS3 retro now?

• Yes

Votes: 63 56.3%
  • No

Votes: 49 43.8%

• Total voters

-Arcadia-

Banned
2005? That was 15 years ago. I remember having an N64 and thinking the NES was ancient because it came out 15 years ago. Even the SNES at 10.

The generations might be longer now, but that was a lifetime ago for most. Sometimes literally.

I definitely say retro. And that’s pretty neat to me, that something I was around for, and enjoyed so much, has kind of hit that historical status.

Bakkus

No, gaming hasn't evolved nearly as much the last 15 years as it did the 15 years before that. As a matter of fact, it evolved more the 5 years before Xbox 360 launch than it has since...

IMO anything 5th generation or below is retro, that includes PS1, Saturn and N64, due to their rough polygons. I don't consider PS2, Xbox or Gamecube or even Dreamcast retro, since their graphics still hold up by modern standards.

anzhar

i would call ps1 and before retro, for sure

mk:dd on the cube still looks decent

sf2 hd remix on ps3 still holds it own even today

i would say 90% of AAA's after ps3/360 era are not even games, just interactive movies

i would be willing to agree everything without hdmi is retro

McCarth

It will eventually be looked upon as the ugly, awkward phase of the industry growing with the least amount of retro interest and desire to revisit games from that era of any other IMO.

Such a mediocre, underwhelming generation.

Top Bottom