• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Some cool games released for the PSP in JP today, yes?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
UGnG already has it's own thread but these are also out today, apparently:

Carnage Heart Portable
Every Extend Extra

I assume they will sell to mere hundreds but I'd put decent odds on a JP GAFer being among those hundreds. Any impressions?

ProphetZG

Every Extend Extra is pretty cool. But I'm not sure it's worth full price. More of a budget/niche title really.

Goku Makaimura is truly brilliant, and is an almost flawless modern sequel to a classic series. But I fear there's not a big audience to appreciate what it offers. But the retrogaming peeps will love it. It's oldschool made newschool, done right. Capcom really deserves praise from critics and fans for this one, because I don't think they'll get sales to match the game's quality.

Carnage Heart I know nothing about. It's a mech fighting game, right? Same genre as Armored Core? I'm not a fan, but I'll give anything a try if it's good.

ProphetZG said:
Carnage Heart I know nothing about. It's a mech fighting game, right? Same genre as Armored Core? I'm not a fan, but I'll give anything a try if it's good.

Carnage Heart was a PS1 game that had a pretty big following. It's not like Armored Core at all. In Carnage Heart you program the AI with logic chips and based on how well or how poorly you design the AI, will determine how your mech does. You would then take these mechs and battle them based on the AI you've designed.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Marty Chinn said:
Carnage Heart was a PS1 game that had a pretty big following. It's not like Armored Core at all. In Carnage Heart you program the AI with logic chips and based on how well or how poorly you design the AI, will determine how your mech does. You would then take these mechs and battle them based on the AI you've designed.

Sounds somewhat similar to Custom Robo.

Top Bottom