• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someday You'll Return launch on PC (psychological horror) - Inspiration from Silent Hill, Outlast 2

faisalasif

Today, the team at CBE Software finally launch their tale of psychological horror, Someday You'll Return, for Windows PCs. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions are planned for later this year.

Someday You'll Return is a narrative-driven, psychological horror game with intimate concepts of fatherhood, fears, lies, and the refusal to accept one’s past. As Daniel you search for your missing daughter, Stela. While trying to find her, you're forced by events to return to a place that you swore never to return to, the ancient Moravian forests.

While the story contains strong horror elements it’s not always the most obvious monsters that are the most frightening. Your survival skills and quick wits may advance your search, but all the while malevolent forces rise up against you keeping you and Stela apart. As your search leads deep into both the woods and your mind, it reveals secrets that should have stayed buried.

Someday You'll Return - Launch Trailer

Someday You'll Return First 30 mins of gameplay

disap.ed

4 hours in and really digging it so far. Incredible that this has been mostly done by 2 people.

I really hope that console versions - especially a Switch version not mentioned at all - will come to fruition though, not only is my PC not really up spec wise, but I also hardly find time to play on it, as my daughter is doing homeschooling now.

Last edited:

disap.ed

So am I generally speaking, I just knew about the existence of this game as I backed their former project J.U.L.I.A. on Indiegogo some years ago, and I find Someday You'll Return to have some really unique mechanics.
The game is in no way without its flaws, but so far it keeps me definitely interested in continuing and making out, what the fuck is going on there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom