• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Something I notice in Wii U reviews but not with Switch reviews

Animagic

Banned
Go watch or read a review for almost any game on the Wii U. The reviewer or people in the comments will remark on how people should ditch the gamepad in favor of playing the game with a classic controller.

Enter, the Switch:

People love that it's completely portable and most people (based on reviews/comments) prefer to play in handheld mode. I won't even get into the drift issue.

Does anyone else see the irony? Maybe people are buying pro controller shaped joy cons? I don't even know if such a thing exists.

I guess my point is that in hindsight, it's pretty obvious that the Wii U was being dog piled from the get go and to know that people are being sent free games, and being paid to just shit on something, while then lauding the same thing cause it's a new console just comes off as incredibly disingenuous.

greg miller is a turd master

ZZXp1WZ.jpg
The WiiU gamepad sucks. It’s heavy, bulky, has a short battery, crappy screen, if you’re 6 feet from the console it doesn’t work... shall I go on?

Derktron

Banned
Well... why don't you actually play on a Wii U ?

- Shit hardware.
- Shit software.
- Slow shit ass OS.
- Chubby shit Tablet controller with 3.5 hour battery. Majority of games only use gimmick second screen. Breaks immersion...
- The only thing I remember playing in portable mode is LoZ WW remake.....

Switch Portable is the console itself.... a console you can take any where... the Wii U tablet looses sync if you move away from console.
this

Hulk_Smash

Banned
One thing I did enjoy about the gamepad was when you could use it to switch out items without pausing the game. Not a whole lot of games used it like that but I really like that about the gamepad. Could of been used better in the Assassin's Creed titles but it was great when playing Splinter Cell and ZombieU. Batman used it like that as well if I remember correctly,
Also as a map. It was really well done for Assassin’s Creed and Splinter Cell.

cireza

People shitting on Wii U and saying how awesome the Switch is make me laugh.

Switch is basically the Wii U only portable. That's the only advantage of this shit console.

Otherwise everything is worse on Switch. Shit ergonomics. Shit sticks. Paid online. Successful because of Wii U ports. No more manuals. No more internet browser. No more services. Please kindly fuck off with your virtual console games. No more BC.

People shitting on Wii U simply love to be taken for cash cows. Don't come crying when you will lose everything moving onto Nintendo's next console.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Really surprised that this thread is still going.

Also shocked about the rage that some people are spewing over this dumb thread.

Lots of the rage posts still don't address the point I was making and instead bring up well known limitations with the Wii U. Again, I'm describing a situation in which a person is sitting near their Wii U console, and playing a game with the gamepad versus the pro controller. It's more/less the same thing as playing the Switch in handheld mode but for some reason that wasn't an acceptable way to play a Wii U game, but it's an awesome way to play the Switch.

Look, if you don't like the Wii U, cool. I'm sure there's some shells to collect in Animal Crossing or one of the many Wii U ports to enjoy on your superior console.
tom cruise laughing GIF

alf717

Also as a map. It was really well done for Assassin’s Creed and Splinter Cell.
My only gripe with Assassin's Creed was the lack of being able to add waypoints with the touch screen. Having to press select to go into the menu each time was disappointing.

Last edited:

Corgi1985

Banned
People shitting on Wii U and saying how awesome the Switch is make me laugh.

Switch is basically the Wii U only portable. That's the only advantage of this shit console.

Otherwise everything is worse on Switch. Shit ergonomics. Shit sticks. Paid online. Successful because of Wii U ports. No more manuals. No more internet browser. No more services. Please kindly fuck off with your virtual console games. No more BC.

People shitting on Wii U simply love to be taken for cash cows. Don't come crying when you will lose everything moving onto Nintendo's next console.
Yes the switch is a shittier wiiu with awful controllers. BotW is bad on both systems though.

Top Bottom