• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Frontiers Road Map

chigstoke

This game continues to (pleasently) surprise.

Enjoyed the main game story, Warzone 2 has got me and mates hooked atm, but I want to get 100% on Frontiers.
And I certainly won't say no to all of that free content.

Hats off to Sonic Team, certainly restored my faith in them as a developer.

Actually tempted to pick this up....am I crazy?
i watched my friend who's a die hard sonic fan play and she said it was the best 3D sonic in like 20 years. And watching it, as a non-sonic player i was really surprised how fun it looked. It looked right up my alley....and im not sure how a game like Stray can be nominated game of the year, and not this?

i grew up playing Sonic 2 & 3. but im not sure i've played any recent sonic. So from my perspective it gave me Xenoblade/bayonetta as a speedy platformer vibes

Holammer

Free updates is a good strategy. It brings back old players, they engage with the product = hype and it sells more. It worked for games like Terraria and they're still milking its sweet udders eleven years later (creative element helps a lot too).
Paid DLC on the other hand fractures the users base.

MagnesD3

I want to buy this game but I may wait until they fix most of the pop in, If I heard correctly they are supposed to be trying to make that better right?

april6e

i watched my friend who's a die hard sonic fan play and she said it was the best 3D sonic in like 20 years.

That's a really low bar though...There hasn't been a decent 3D Sonic game since Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes. They could release dog crap and it would be better than any 3D Sonic they've released since the 2000s.

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
That's a really low bar though...There hasn't been a decent 3D Sonic game since Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes. They could release dog crap and it would be better than any 3D Sonic they've released since the 2000s.
Heroes is absolutely awful imo.

& Only the sonic and shadow levels are in good in adventure 2.

They made tails and Eggman levels worst than e102 gamma.

& They made the knuckles and rouge levels worst than adventure 1 knuckles levels as they are too big and not fun imo.

I do really like adventure 1 & 2 overall, but they definitely have some really rough parts.

vj27

Banned
I bought mw2 to play with my bros and I really dub them just to play this game lol. Has no business being as fun as it is. Also, this and grounded are my 2022 smoke a blunt and chill games, both are oddly relaxingl. Hyped to play as (hopefully) knuckles, it’s been sooo long. And if it has Angel island and pumpkin hill type soundtracks, I’ll be one happy ass sonic fanboy lml.

PSX2007

Neo Member
I've loved this game. The pop-in is objectively really bad. But the game is still really fun. There's something oddly peaceful and calming about the game.

TheMan

Bought this on sale cause yolo, and I have to say it feels like a weird game. The soundtrack feels completely out of place in a sonic game, although granted before frontier i hadnt played a sonic game newer than sonic adventure 1 so maybe the tone veered off from the genesis games a long time ago. The sparsely populated world with its odd floating architecture feels kind of unfinished too.

chigstoke

Heroes is absolutely awful imo.

& Only the sonic and shadow levels are in good in adventure 2.

They made tails and Eggman levels worst than e102 gamma.

& They made the knuckles and rouge levels worst than adventure 1 knuckles levels as they are too big and not fun imo.

I do really like adventure 1 & 2 overall, but they definitely have some really rough parts.
The big issue with Knuckles and Rouge was the change to the tracking system on emerald pieces, it made everything longer than it really needed to be.

anthony2690

Banned
The big issue with Knuckles and Rouge was the change to the tracking system on emerald pieces, it made everything longer than it really needed to be.
I always loathed replaying them stages on adventure 2 😂

I hated the level design too, especially the planet stage where you're running upside down a lot, it was just not fun to play or navigate haha

chigstoke

I always loathed replaying them stages on adventure 2 😂

I hated the level design too, especially the planet stage where you're running upside down a lot, it was just not fun to play or navigate haha
Ah yes, mad space and the meteor one. They can piss off as far as I’m concerned!

I'm personally hoping Shadow and everyone else after shadow never returns 👀

Shadow should not have returned after adventure 2, he literally sacrificed himself and then randomly returns 🤷‍♂️
He is one of the most beloved chars in Sonic universe...The director said he has future plans for him.

I personally love that character!

anthony2690

Banned
He is one of the most beloved chars in Sonic universe...The director said he has future plans for him.

I personally love that character!
I liked him in adventure 2, and I was sad when he died, but then everything else he has been in/playable in since has been very bad.

Sonic heroes, 06, shadow the hedgehog, sonic forces. :p

I liked him in adventure 2, and I was sad when he died, but then everything else he has been in/playable in since has been very bad.

Sonic heroes, 06, shadow the hedgehog, sonic forces. :p
I like his own game, honestly! Heroes and Force are just ok!
Fans ask for him, want him... That's why the director said that!

anthony2690

Banned
I like his own game, honestly! Heroes and Force are just ok!
Fans ask for him, want him... That's why the director said that!
I hope fans are not asking for Silver too *shudders*

I guess I am part of the fans that only really want Sonic, Tails, Knuckles & Amy.

Then again I wouldn't mind the odd small cameo from someone like Fang like in Sonic Mania, that was super cool, as I think the only prior games he was in was triple trouble & fighters? :)

Holammer

I guess I am part of the fans that only really want Sonic, Tails, Knuckles & Amy.

Then again I wouldn't mind the odd small cameo from someone like Fang like in Sonic Mania, that was super cool, as I think the only prior games he was in was triple trouble & fighters? :)
If I could have a *wild* pick, get back Breezie for a cameo, from the end of the Archie run. Sonic Universe needs another dommy mommy.
Slightly re-imagined if they must. Sally can stay in the same hole where they dumped all of Penders's Echidnas.

This character for anyone screaming "literally who?". She was in one episode of the cartoon and turned out to be a robot, the Archie comics planned on continuing on that theme and have her be one of Eggman's creations going independent. Would be better suited for a IDW comic arc than a game of course, but in the Sonic Frontiers IDW prologue comic he complains how all of creations given personality and a degree of independence disappoint him. Breezie disappointing him further by selling new upgrades to Sonic could be mined for humor.

200vU9g.jpg

5c04563560e3d7ec18c8f39cf72650edc73be4f3.jpg

Im a HUGE Sonic fan and love all those you mentioned. But i love Shadow! I like his "edgy" personality, backstory, the way he runs, his color...

Silver is cool, but i like Shadow more!

Last edited:
Top Bottom