• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog voice actor, makes an complete ass of himself over a negative opinion of a fan project

Carna

Banned
It's things like these, that makes me want to stop caring about the Sonic franchise to this point,

So in the sonic fan community, this well known fan, decided to make a radio drama and managed to get the official voice actors from the games on board (Ryan from the adventure era games, Mike from the current games) when this project was released, the reception was I guess positive from the majority of fans (it's not weird to like a passion project by dedicated fans, is it?) One fan however was critical of the project saying the person who made it should "just stick to music" which is admittedly kind of harsh but tried to reaffirm it's just the user's personal opinion, this was met from tons of anger and rage from the fanbase to a point the person had to lock his account on Twitter,

But the kicker is Roger Craig Smith, actually decided to respond to this user in a incredibly immature and unprofessional way:

Someone else tried to defend the user while attempting to avoid getting on Roger's bad side

Then Roger makes an ass of himself by being a Grammer Nazi/Grammatical error police

And here I'm thinking, who the fuck acts like this at 40+ years of age, this guy obviously has shown signs he doesn't care about being the voice of Sonic (because the franchise's "rocky history" or other things that have to do with indoor politics) he can just quit while proceeding to stop making a complete ass of himself, the actor from the recent movie, seems to care more about Sonic than his tard who got his start from voicing a lesser known Naruto villain

Full analysis of the situation, because my explanation skills are crap:

iorek21

So, English is not my native language, so this stuff might pass unnoticed, but... what are the grammar mistakes of this tweet? It does have some punctuation problems, but ain’t grammar all about the uses of language rather then correct punctuation?

Actually, it’s Roger’s replies that have grammar errors... wut

Last edited:

Ban Puncher

5ZFl0J9.jpg

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
thought you were talking about ben schwartz at first and i was scared because i like him. thank god it’s just some fucking droopy doofus i’ve never heard of
also came here concerned for Ben Schwartz. Whew, don't give a shit about this other fellow

Geki-D

Banned
So, English is not my native language, so this stuff might pass unnoticed, but... what are the grammar mistakes of this tweet?
"And why should they have kept their opinion to themself, Roger? Are you policing opinions? While I understand it seems aggressive, an opinion is an opinion so they have a right to express it. Please don't add fuel to the fire, thanks.
Still a fan of your work."

Pretty much some a lack of caps & punctuation. Roger is just being a dick.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Nothing wrong with his first post, just telling someone he (personally thought he) was being mean, what kind of snowflake gets offended by that, after trashing others' hard work (not just posts) on top? The rest with the other poster, whatever, just trash talking banter, nothing to cry about honestly.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Twitter is a literal dumpster fire. The most toxic place in the world.
Agreed.

It's like alcohol making Mel Gibson tell the world his true feelings.

But Twitter is different as people are able-minded and do it publicly where the more people who see the bickering the better.

Figure that one out.

Lunk

Outgoing people are now sitting in their homes during lockdown and are becoming like us. But you could argue they're worse. As soon as all you have is the comfort of your home for an extended duration, and twitter, you're going to start spewling shit as if it wouldn't have any ramifications.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I mean, I can understand it, I was enraged last night and wrote some less ideal thing in Alanah Pearce thread, so I can fully understand this. People cannot be nice all the time : )

Last edited:

Boss Mog

If I were him I'd try to stay out of the limelight as much as possible since he voices a POC in Apex Legends. if he stirs up too much attention the mob will surely target him. I'd rather Respawn not be forced to change Mirage's voice actor, he does a great job and he is that character for me now.
bamboozled.gif

wvnative

I liked Jason Griffith but that might just be nostalgia for that era of Sonic

Not surprised discount batman is an ass

GodofWhimsy

Anime fans >>>>> K-Pop stans >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sonic fanbase.

Top Bottom