• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SonyGate Rumor: Amy Pascal to be Fired Over Emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

riotous

Banned
The "black baby" comment was making fun of a trend in Hollywood among whites; the worst aspect of it being it sort of leaves black actors out of the picture in her generalization of Hollywood.

Ironically a bit the opposite of the other flub; she generalized and boiled the President down to "a consumer of black films."

Yamauchi

Banned
art,baseballcap,communism,dictator,fineartpiece,fineartistry-0e582a8fd577527dbab52a732b05df27_h.jpg

(#ripinpeace)

Mononoke

Banned
At the very least, she shouldn't be sending those kinds of emails via her company address. It's fair-game that it's held against her because she acted unprofessionally.

Yeah that's true too. Even though I think she shouldn't have had her private convos stolen, it was still her work email she's using while saying some of this stuff. So she could be fired just for inappropriate behavior while representing the company.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's pretty unusual diction for a woman to use the pronoun "baby" when not referring to their spouse or child, so I don't buy that explanation at all.

sangreal

“She was making an Orange is The New Black reference and like anybody else could have, left out the comma in the middle of writing a quick email filled with shorthand and abbreviations,” the insider said.

I guess it could have been a MIB reference too, right? /s

Haha, wow. I am more offended by this attempted excuse insulting our collective intelligence than the original quip

Dabanton

“She was making an Orange is The New Black reference and like anybody else could have, left out the comma in the middle of writing a quick email filled with shorthand and abbreviations,” the insider said.

That's the the best excuse yet. To think the crisis management team Sony have no doubt hired in seriously suggested that.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Yeah plastic surgery tends to do that.

No, plastic surgery tends to make you look like an alien. Everyone should go to her doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom