• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soulframe Post-Launch Content and Support Will Be Similar to Warframe’s Model

soulframe-official-screen-5.png

Soulframe made an impression during this year’s Tennocon with a demo, showcasing the game’s impressive graphics and gameplay. And while development on Digital Extremes’ next title seems to be running smoothly, it would appear that the studio is already thinking about the game’s future, as it confirms that Soulframe’s post-launch support will be similar to the Warframe model.
Speaking in the latest issue of PLAY Magazine (Issue 32, November 2023,) Chief Creative Officer Steve Sinclair had this to say when asked about Soulframe’s post-launch content and support.

“Yes. I think gamers can be rightfully exhausted by some of the different business models out there, but I’m hoping we can continue Warframe’s reputation as being when something cool comes out, [there’s] a general positive reaction [of] ‘I can’t believe I’m getting this for free. Okay, I’m gonna buy something because I like the devs, or there’s a wicked-ass cosmetic and I can’t live without it’. There are no barriers.”
For those unfamiliar with how the team handles content in Warframe, all major updates have been free, including expansions that have added entirely new open-world areas to the game and several other features.

There is a large amount of microtransactions in the form of cosmetics, resources, and even upgrades, but otherwise, the title is entirely free-to-play, with all significant content being available for free for every player.

These content drops usually drop several months apart from one another, though Warframe does keep players entertained with events and other updates between the major drops. But when a massive content drop does happen, no matter the reception of it post-release, many can agree that the content doesn’t match your standard GaaS drop, as they’re typically game-altering drops that feel more in line with a paid expansion, rather than being free.
Soulframe is currently in development, with a target release window of late 2024 and is slated for release on PS5, Xbox Series X|S and PC.

Last edited:
Top Bottom