• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Souls games - which did you find most difficult/challenging overall?

Which souls game was most challenging/difficult for you?

• Demons Souls

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Dark Souls I

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Dark Souls II

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Dark souls III

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Bloodborne

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Sekiro

Votes: 73 57.5%
  • Elden Ring

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • All were around the same level of difficulty for me

Votes: 4 3.1%

• Total voters

Drizzlehell

Banned
I had a really hard time adjusting to Dark Souls III right after finishing Dark Souls I.

It was so annoying that many enemies have adopted the same aggressiveness and speed from Bloodborne, when all I wanted is to have a game of chess with each of them like I did in the first game, lol.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Demon's Souls was the most challenging for me because it was the first game I tried before Souls blew up. I really struggled in the beginning. No wikis, no explanation of mechanics, everything was just so inaccessible. When I figured it out, Dark Souls 1 & 2 wasn't that particularly hard, except a few select areas and bosses. Bloodborne however, gave much headache in the beginning because it switched up the formula, taking away shields and focusing on aggressive combat, dodging and parrying. When I got the hang of the fast paced nature of the game, Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro wasn't that difficult either, because I was so used to parrying and dodging by then. Elden Ring was a cakewalk overall, the least challenging game in the franchise. Except Malenia. Fuck her. When I think about my journey with Souls, I realize that Miyazaki is a great teacher.

Last edited:
Top Bottom