• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South of Midnight from Compulsion Games Could Possibly Release Next Year

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
It'd be pretty cool if Microsoft did just start putting out games within quick succession of announcing the release date. Perhaps would explain why their 400 studios don't actually seem to be getting close to releasing anything.

I don't think I've ever seen stop-motion animation in a game, very unique, and I hope it's part of the actual game's art style. I remember seeing that trailer during the show, and thinking something was wrong with the frame-rate.

I don't think I've ever seen stop-motion animation in a game, very unique, and I hope it's part of the actual game's art style. I remember seeing that trailer during the show, and thinking something was wrong with the frame-rate.
The Deadly Tower of Monsters had some stop motion fun. It also had prop guys in suits. Was a fun game making fun of old 50's sci fi movies with stop motion and special effects.
The running comentary from the director while you played was fun too.

I can see stop motion aestethics, but not really animation style. Looks pretty fluid to me, I guess no one really wants Jason and Argonauts but isn't the point or charateristic of stop motion to see clearly choppy animation?
Anyway, Clayfighter did claymation back in its day.

I really liked this trailer when it was announced. Hopefully the game comes close to looking like that.

That's the biggest potential disappointment: an art style in the game that doesn't measure up to the trailer.

Avowed has already suffered from this problem IMO.

The Neverhood (PC/DOS, PS1) and Skullmonkeyz (PS1) had stop-motion claymation. Very good games (Skullmonkeyz is very hard tho).

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
The trailer intrigued me. Was definitely one of the more notable things shown then. To me, anyway. Hopefully see a lot more of it soon.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If it was 2024, I guess they would've parade it across TGA.

Avowed is 2024, it didn't have a trailer there.

Kojima's game was there, that shit is definitely not 2024.

TGA trailers are irrelevant for date estimations.

I'd give it decent odds for MS to do another Developer Direct in January. They got a pretty good reception to the last one.

The January developer direct was a really good call, I hope they do the same in '24 as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom