• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speculation - PixelOpus are making a Ghostbusters game

kyliethicc

Seems pretty likely that PixelOpus are making a Ghostbusters game

Their next game is "... a collaboration with Sony Pictures Animation.”

PixelOpus took a company trip to a Ghostbusters film (for research?) and sharing it on their social. 10/10 lol

And Sony Pictures Animation are making an animated Ghostbusters movie

"Last June, it was officially announced that Sony Pictures Animation was developing the first animated film adaptation of the Ghostbusters franchise"

Easy way for Sony to get some money out of their smallest least successful team.
Make a licensed movie tie in game.
Fits with this new era of PlayStation Productions and cross media

Umbasaborne

Banned
Cool, like a triple a game or one of the myriad of cheapo multiplayer budget gb games that have released in the past decade?

Aenima

Hope not. They are a talented small team, Concrete Genie was an original and great game much because of how original and fresh it felt, so i wish they keep doing original games that dont need crazy budgets like a Ghostbusters game would probably need to make it justice.

nial

Gold Member
so i wish they keep doing original games that dont need crazy budgets like a Ghostbusters game would probably need to make it justice.
It's supposedly based on the future animated movie, though. Don't expect something like Spider-Man.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Well there is currently a PSVR2 Ghostbusters game in development so maybe it's them.
Hopefully it's like RE Village and GT7. A great game that you can also play it all in VR. If this is the plan going forward, I'll be very happy. Holy fuck GT7 is class.

nial

Gold Member
Well there is currently a PSVR2 Ghostbusters game in development so maybe it's them.
Hopefully it's like RE Village and GT7. A great game that you can also play it all in VR. If this is the plan going forward, I'll be very happy. Holy fuck GT7 is class.
Concrete Genie was a hybrid PSVR game, so it could be. Either way, Ghostbusters for PSVR2 is actually being developed by another studio.
If they're smart they'll just copy Luigi's Mansion as closely as possible.
Hopefully they do their own spin on that formula.

kyliethicc

nah thats this game made by a developer called nDreams

"Sony Pictures Virtual Reality and nDreams today unveiled the name of their upcoming four-player co-op: Ghostbusters: Rise of the Ghost Lord. The game is slated to arrive on Quest 2 and PSVR 2 sometime next year."

AmuroChan

Easy way for Sony to get some money out of their smallest least successful team.

An even easier way to make money? Make a Spiderverse game with the same art style as the film. Sony Animation has two Spiderverse movies in the works. This is an easy tie-in opportunity.

CamHostage

An even easier way to make money? Make a Spiderverse game with the same art style as the film. Sony Animation has two Spiderverse movies in the works. This is an easy tie-in opportunity.

That was a previously rumored project that Pixelopus was to be involved in (separate and different from the Insomniac Spideys,) although nothing has come off that tread in a long time.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
not like this GIF

onQ123

Seems pretty likely that PixelOpus are making a Ghostbusters game

Their next game is "... a collaboration with Sony Pictures Animation.”

[/URL]

PixelOpus took a company trip to a Ghostbusters film (for research?) and sharing it on their social. 10/10 lol

And Sony Pictures Animation are making an animated Ghostbusters movie

[/URL]

"Last June, it was officially announced that Sony Pictures Animation was developing the first animated film adaptation of the Ghostbusters franchise"

[/URL]

I win

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/the-...erience-coming-to-ps5.1625231/#post-265153810

Top Bottom