• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike Chunsoft files trademark for "Zero Escape" in USA and Europe

ohlawd

wait, EU never got 999?

but they got VLR?

wow, poor Europe. They never got the good game. that fucking sucks EUbros. at least the DS is region free

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Honestly, having played 999 on ios and VLR on the vita, I'd rather play VLR without the puzzles. Having been stumped in a room for over 90 minutes because there was a shitty darts puzzle that had me pulling my hair isn't exactly my type of fun.

However, if you want to make an argument for how 999 is better on the DS due to how the game takes advantage of the hardware, i'll back you on that. When i read about the key differences between 999 ios and DS, the one thing i wished i had experienced was how the hardware fit into the narrative. that stuff isn't quite as effective on ios, but if the ios version is the only way you can experience 999 then it's still better than nothing.

yup, here comes VLR: the Visual Novel. Might actually be better than the original, tbh.
Boooo. I can sort of get that argument for 999 because the puzzles in 999 were so basic they weren't very enjoyable plus that game forced you to replay them. The puzzles in VLR on the other hand are fantastic and the game would be far worse without them.

OMG! OMG! OMG! I'M HYPERVENTILATING!

5bdNHoi.jpg

Necrovex

Boooo. I can sort of get that argument for 999 because the puzzles in 999 were so basic they weren't very enjoyable plus that game forced you to replay them. The puzzles in VLR on the other hand are fantastic and the game would be far worse without them.

I'd take a pure VN of VLR. Hated those puzzles.

Hikami

VLR was such a cliffhanger :/

Can't they just do a kickstarter if funding is the problem?
Or is there some sort of reason they can't do crowd funding?

VLR was such a cliffhanger :/

Can't they just do a kickstarter if funding is the problem?
Or is there some sort of reason they can't do crowd funding?

There are only so many people at the studio and they been producing the more-successful Danganronpa series instead.

Top Bottom