• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell fans, do NOT lose hope! I may have found the biggest clue for a surprise reveal.

Now here me out.

Ubisoft has been playing and tugging with our hearts for the past two years regarding a new installment in the Splinter Cell franchise. While there has been rumors bubbling in the form of voice actors spilling the beans, employees giving hints, and merchandise being leaked ahead of this Monday's E3 conference, there is still a sense of doubt and despair among the Splinter Cell community.

In spite of this, today, I got this sudden thought in my mjnd to check up on our buddy Clint Hocking, famously known for being the "Kojima of Splinter Cell games". Ever since Chaos Theory, he's been working on other franchises and left Ubisoft around the early 2010's.

However, if you check his LinkedIn profile as of today, it says that Clint Hocking has been working as a CREATIVE DIRECTOR at Ubisoft Toronto for an unannounced title for the past 3.5 years.

Here's the link that shows this information: https://ca.linkedin.com/in/clicknothing

Splinter Cell fans, what do you think about this? I hope this is news to you or else I'll end up looking like an idiot for not double checking with the community here :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Mista

Banned
Good catch. Ubisoft already fucked up when one of their developers tweeted that they’re working on a new SC and then Ubisoft had to release a statement saying that “he was joking” Not buying this bollocks so it’s just a matter of time

Mista

Banned
ya'll got more of them leaks?
No I got it under control chief

giphy.gif

xrnzaaas

I refuse to get excited over anything SC related.

Also 3.5 years would be a lot for a game like Splinter Cell unless Ubi really wanted to turn it into another open world gaas title. It's more likely that he's leading the WD3 or FC6 team.

Last edited:

Arun1910

I hope you are right. I was introduced to the series with Blacklist and really enjoyed the freedom to play how I liked (Panther, for those wondering!).

I'm excited to see where this franchise goes. Just please don't be open world.

oh nevermind, it was W_D legion lool

Last edited:

Starfield

I mean as great as it sounds, why should we be hyped for a new SC game? The last one was mediocre at best and the one before was utter shit.

Top Bottom