• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splinter Cell movie won't go into production in 2007.

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
Peter Berg is going to film the superhero film "Tonight, he comes" starring Will Smith and Charlize Theron starting May 2007. This has pushed back Splinter Cell.

Tonight, He Comes follows Will Smith as a superhero who crash-lands in a small town. But unpredictably, he's "a drinking, smoking womanizer whose lifestyle is closer to rock star than do-gooder. The public is as sick of him as he is of them, until he finds a special connection with the married housewife."

Berg is the third director attached to the long-gestating project. Collateral director Michael Mann was also once attached to the project when it was at Artisan.

Will Smith is shooting I Am Legend in New York City until March. The movie will begin shooting in Los Angeles in May 2007 for a Summer 2008 release. This also means that the big screen adaptation of the video game Splinter Cell won't go into production in 2007 as originally planned.

http://www.slashfilm.com/article.php/20061015tonighthecomes

I have no idea who is supposed to be Sam Fisher. My personel pick for Sam Fisher would be Johnny Messner.

Johnny Messner playing a Navy Seal in "Tears of the Sun".
tears.jpg

Johnny Messner to me is was put on the earth to play the role of Sam Fisher. He nails the aura of Sam Fisher.

There is only one choice for the best cinematographer and thats Paul Cameron. His work on "Man on Fire", "Collateral", "Gone in sixty seconds", and "Swordfish" just prove this guy is perfect for a Splinter Cell movie. He would make the imagery of Splinter Cell look terrific.

Anyway it looks like it's going to be a while before we see Splinter Cell on the Silver Screen.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Clooney or Sutherland for Fisher, but it will probably be some young actor to try and appeal to the teenager crowd. Like how they raped The Sum of All Fears.

Hadn't heard anything about it's production for awhile. Checked wikipedia a few days ago and its saying that Peter Berg isn't attached to the film at all anymore and its production is pretty much stalled right now....hope its not true =(

Brimstone

Yikes...the Splinter Cell movie might have been scraped. Splinter Cell now equals the movie called "Pilgrim", with John Moore as the director.

[John Moore to Helm Pilgrim
Source: Variety October 13, 2006

John Moore (The Omen) is in negotiations to direct Pilgrim, formerly titled "Splinter Cell," for Regency Enterprises. Jeffrey D. Apple is producing.

William Wisher (Exorcist: The Beginning) wrote the script, the story of a former CIA agent who, haunted by the murder of his mentor, accepts one last mission.

Apple's producing credits include Disney's The Recruit and Sony's In the Line of Fire.

Moore also directed 20th Century Fox's Behind Enemy Lines and Flight of the Phoenix

http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=16963

Brimstone

Still can't find any new info on the Splinter Cell movie. The script writer for "Pilgrim" William Wisher, I can't even find him associated with Splinter Cell in any way. The only thing I can figure is that all the pre-production work is going into Pilgrim, while Tom Clancy and UBI keep the "Splinter Cell" name to themselves.

The movie seems to be canned and "Pilgrim" will be what remains of Splinter Cell.

Chris_C

Michael Ironside needs to have a cameo, shame he can't play the character, as his voice is so darn integral to Fisher's personality.

Brimstone

Chris_C said:
Michael Ironside needs to have a cameo, shame he can't play the character, as his voice is so darn integral to Fisher's personality.

Thats another reason I'd like to see Johnny Messner play Sam Fisher. He has the voice that fits the Sam Fisher vibe.

Listen to Jonny Messner talk in this youtube video. It's from a Miami Ink episode where he is getting a new tatoo. His voice would fit in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy0tdTB8aRE

Az987

all good things
Chris_C said:

NONO Michael Ironside needs to play Sam!

Schafer said:
Clooney or Sutherland for Fisher, but it will probably be some young actor to try and appeal to the teenager crowd. Like how they raped The Sum of All Fears.

Kiefer Sutherland? Since when is Sam Fisher a midget?

Brimstone

Here's another picture of Johnny Messner playing a Navy Seal in Tears of the Sun.

Johnny_messner.jpeg

Heck they could let Paul Cameron direct the film. The guy has been a cinematographer for some of the biggest directors in Hollywood like Tony Scott and Michael Mann. He knows what he's is doing.

Get Harry Gregson Williams to do the score.

Brimstone

I can see Michael Ironside playing a role in Splinter Cell or making a cameo, but him in the lead as Sam Fisher, I just don't see working out. The age of Michael Ironside is would be something movie studios wouldn't like at all.

I would like to see Edward James Olmos have some sort of role in the movie either. He's good at playing a authority figure.

Brimstone

For Splinter Cell to be a movie franchise, they're going to want Sam Fisher played by someone who'll connect to a broad audience.

Michael Ironside isn't going to be that person.

Top Bottom