• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Galaxies: Publish 10 (new Jedi system) on Test Center

ManaByte

SOE recently patched Publish 10 to Test Center, which will be the all-new Jedi-unlocking system that grants FS skills to players through a series of content-driven quests (as opposed to grinding through Master professions). One of the Test Center players wrote up a nice FAQ on how it works:

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=TestCenter&message.id=91201

I can't wait for this patch to go live. I'm going to grab all the POI badges I can before it does just to be safe (they are easy to get). It sounds as if the system to get FS will be unique to each character just like what skills were required in the previous system. This most likely means each character will need to have a different selection of badges before the Old Man will visit them with the crystal that sends them off to the village on Dathomir to begin the Jedi quests.

border

So I guess this means that everyone will know how to become a Jedi? Their subscriptions must be faltering pretty badly....

nubbe

How to become a Jedi will be a known path. But it will take about the same time as earlier when you had to master a bunch of random professions...

To become just a Jedi Initiate requiers about 120 million xp... a few months of work... Then there is even more crap to do to become a padwan... and an ass load more to become a knight... ten you need to waste your life to become a Master.

ManaByte

border said:
So I guess this means that everyone will know how to become a Jedi? Their subscriptions must be faltering pretty badly....

Not exactly.

Everyone already knows how to become a Jedi - you grind through master professions. However, the exact professions everyone needs to unlock Jedi is different for every single character (it's a variable on the actual character file and IS unique).

In the new system, it's a bit more in-depth, but the way to unlocking your FS skills looks to be just as unique as mastering the professions. It seems that instead of each character having to master a certain number of professions that are unique to that character file, they will need to gain a certain number of badges that are also unique to that character. Since there are many more badges currently in the game than professions, it is either possible that you will need to gain more bades than the eight professions currently needed for Jedi or there will simply be a much wider variety of badges that you'll see from character to character.

Once you unlock your FS skills and gain enough FS experience, which will be a process unique to every character, you then can begin the quests on Dathomir to unlock Jedi.

It looks to take just as long, but the path to Jedi looks to be all content driven now.

ManaByte

The devs also did a fansite chat recently and it touched on Publish 10:

Brekkee - *TheLateAnakinSolo* The current testers on TC have found out that in order to progress in becoming FS, you need to do 7 select badges. Getting the FS skill trees also do not take long, and can be done in under a week. Are these systems going to be implemented on live, or is it just a fill for the new systems that will be put in? Is the current system on TC a shortened quest, XP trade, or FS system?

justG - The Test Center quests are extremely accelerated.

justG - in order to get good testing done

justG - for example, we are currently bouncing TC2 3 times per day, taking the village through cycles that on live would be 9 weeks.

TH - heh

Brekkee - *Gotain_tempest* when is publish 10 expected to be realeased on the live servers??

justG - We are targetting 8/24, but it is such a large and important publish that... like a fine wine... we will not release it before it's time :)

Brekkee - *soal-farous* Question: Hi, i'm sure you guys are aware that people have opened the .tre files for patch 10. my question has to do with the cyborgnetics and 10 new weapons they found concealed inside. are these for NPCs or PCs? any information will be greatly appreciated.

justG - er, yeah... the patch tre's. Well you should know that you never can trust what is in there ;-) But seriously... cybernetics... we think they are cool. We hope you think they are cool... can youthink of any SW characters that had any cybernetic limbs?

justG - we can too. Bottom line - keep your eyes open.

Top Bottom