• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Visions Volume 2 | Official Trailer | Disney+

Kev Kev

Looks great! Man, SW is in such a great place right now.

16 year old me would be losing his mind at the idea of there being so much SW content to consume. After the PT, I kind of assumed SW was done. But then the Disney buy out happened and here we are. Can't wait for this new wave of SW content we have coming, especially Ahsoka. That trailer was fire.

Trunx81

16 year old me would be losing his mind at the idea of there being so much SW content to consume. After the PT, I kind of assumed SW was done. But then the Disney buy out happened and here we are. Can't wait for this new wave of SW content we have coming, especially Ahsoka. That trailer was fire.
Somehow, enthusiasm has returned.

BlackTron

Is there A Vision, where Kathleen is not in charge?

Keep in mind SW Visions is stuff from a variety of different studios. Sure maybe Kathleen still has to OK or sign off on it but does she have much of a role in the content here? I don't think so.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Watched 2 episodes and so far it hasn't been very interesting. Season 1 also had weak episodes, but at least it started strong. It also doesn't seem to be coming from Japanese studios anymore?

Looks very western and in the first 2 episodes I didn't like the artstyle at all. Especially the first episode was very tiring for the eyes. Anyone here who has continued watching it? Is it worth it?

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Lame af s2. Only one good episode the one with the white hair jedi kid. And yeah, kinda obvious the pandering with all episodes having female protagonists. Prolly will never watch any seasons anymore. Nice to see artistic talent but looks like star wars writers are still cringe, feminist, and dogshit.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

A great place? I would say it is in its worst possible place at the moment, with things *maybe* looking up if Filoni and co can actually land the ending to the Mandalorian saga - which is currently the only thing worth a damn about the franchise under Disney's watch. Obi-Wan sucked. The ST was fucking abyssmal. Solo could have just been mediocre, but was made worse thanks to #InternetFeministBot L3. Boba Fett was a fucking joke. Madnalore Season 3 is... not great.

Toys are selling at an all time low, barely have a presence in most stores these days.

Ahsoka I am not sold on, but I admitteldy have not watched Clone Wars or Rebels. I have heard great things about clone Wars, just need to actually sit down and watch it. Rebels I saw a few clips and it feels... bad. Or off. Maybe I just got a bad look at it.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
I am nearly finished with Season 2 and it's not bad. The series showcases some remarkable artistry and talent.

When I came across the 'Bollywood' episode, it felt out of place and jarring, but there was a still an okay episode underneath.

In my opinion, these anthology-style shows primarily serve as platforms for studios and artists to display their creativity, while the stories themselves are often forgettable or of little consequence.

Regardless, I am eagerly awaiting the release of Tales of the Jedi Season 2, as the first season exceeded my expectations.

A great place? I would say it is in its worst possible place at the moment, with things *maybe* looking up if Filoni and co can actually land the ending to the Mandalorian saga - which is currently the only thing worth a damn about the franchise under Disney's watch. Obi-Wan sucked. The ST was fucking abyssmal. Solo could have just been mediocre, but was made worse thanks to #InternetFeministBot L3. Boba Fett was a fucking joke. Madnalore Season 3 is... not great.

Toys are selling at an all time low, barely have a presence in most stores these days.

Ahsoka I am not sold on, but I admitteldy have not watched Clone Wars or Rebels. I have heard great things about clone Wars, just need to actually sit down and watch it. Rebels I saw a few clips and it feels... bad. Or off. Maybe I just got a bad look at it.
I think the overall ratio is still positive but it’s closer than it needs to be:

Andor - Good
Mandalorian S1 and S2 - Good
Tales of the Jedi - Good
Rebels - Good
Bad Batch - Good
Visions S1 - Good
Rogue One - Good
Episode 7 - Good
Solo - Mediocre
Mandalorian S3 - Mediocre
Episode 8 - Bad
Episode 9 - Bad
Obi Wan - Bad
Book of Boba Fett - Bad

The larger issue here is that aside from 4 live action works, all of the great stuff has mostly been in animated form. It’s like DC all over again.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I think the overall ratio is still positive but it’s closer than it needs to be:

Andor - Good
Mandalorian S1 and S2 - Good
Tales of the Jedi - Good
Rebels - Good
Bad Batch - Good
Visions S1 - Good
Rogue One - Good
Episode 7 - Good
Solo - Mediocre
Episode 8 - Bad
Episode 9 - Bad
Obi Wan - Bad
Book of Boba Fett - Bad

The larger issue here is that aside from 4 live action works, all of the great stuff has mostly been in animated form. It’s like DC all over again.

I would rate them as
Andor - Amazing
Mandalorian S1 and S2 - Amazing
Visions S1 - Amazing
Rogue One - Good
Episode 7 - Bad
Solo - Shit
Episode 8 - Literal anal cancer
Episode 9 - Literal anal cancer, but you at least aren't in as much pain.
Obi Wan - Bad
Book of Boba Fett - A joke

I honestly never heared of Tales until now. Going to go out of my way and watch Clone Wars starting next week.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I would rate them as
Andor - Amazing
Mandalorian S1 and S2 - Amazing
Visions S1 - Amazing
Rogue One - Good
Episode 7 - Bad
Solo - Shit
Episode 8 - Literal anal cancer
Episode 9 - Literal anal cancer, but you at least aren't in as much pain.
Obi Wan - Bad
Book of Boba Fett - A joke

I honestly never heared of Tales until now. Going to go out of my way and watch Clone Wars starting next week.
I've been watching Clone Wars for the past week. I think it's a bit ham fisted but I like how it fills in some backstory.

Pilgrimzero

I’ve watched liked half of season 2 and so far it’s so much better than season 1.

Season 1 was the worst Star Wars inspired anime I’ve seen but man season 2 is a breath of fresh air.

Still waiting to see someone sheath a lightsaber like in season 1 lol….

Top Bottom