• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

street fighter 3 video

aoi tsuki

You know, i was about to bitch about how this was in the wrong forum, then how this was was a repost of an old and seriously overposted (yet awesome) video, but then i actually watched it.

Great stuff!

Tieno

Wow, that's really well done! Impressive! Excellent choice to do this part of gaming history!

Grayman

I'm guessing this is the video where daigo parries a super arts attack with a sliver of health then replies with his own. I was also thinking that before I opened the thread...

miyuru

Grayman said:
I'm guessing this is the video where daigo parries a super arts attack with a sliver of health then replies with his own. I was also thinking that before I opened the thread...

Man, where's the ****ing rolleyes!!!!

Red Scarlet

All you do is press forward at the right time to parry a standing hit. It's pretty brainless.

One of the above sentences is false.

Neat vid.

edit: The link seems dead (says no data). The SF gods hath smitten me. :(

KyanMehwulfe said:
How challenging is parrying in SF3?

you push forward at the moment of the attack to block an upper attack and down to block a lower attack. Seems easy but you sorta gotta predict the move.

Phthisis

Louminater said:
you push forward at the moment of the attack to block an upper attack and down to block a lower attack. Seems easy but you sorta gotta predict the move.

With the obvious (but as of yet unsaid) risk being that if you mistime it, you take the hit and damage. High-risk, high-reward system, whereas blocking is the opposite. Also, different attacks have different parry timing and difficulty.

bumpkin

Wait, the player using Chun-Li that Daigo stomped was a chick?

Kudos to whoever actually made the vid... That's some impressive editing.

bumpkin said:
Wait, the player using Chun-Li that Daigo stomped was a chick?

Nope. Daigo stomped a guy named Justin Wong. Huge MvC2 player(one of if not -the- best) and decent to really good in most every other fighter.*

Awesome video by the way.

*Somebody with more knowledge will come in to correct me.

LakeEarth

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Nope. Daigo stomped a guy named Justin Wong. Huge MvC2 player(one of if not -the- best) and decent to really good in most every other fighter.*

Awesome video by the way.

*Somebody with more knowledge will come in to correct me.
No, you pretty much got it right. Godly, undefeated for 3 years in MvC2, and very good at 3rd Strike. A lot don't like him cause he plays a turtle style (where you just stand there and never attack...ever), and that he can be a sore loser here and there. But you can't hate on his skills, one of the best US players there is.

Funny video, I quite enjoyed. Its missing when both Ken and Chun trade off of their d.mk's, but that's just being anal.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
****ing awesome. :lol I wonder if anyone in your class knew what that was from?

Top Bottom