• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marcato Bros. ep.183: Final Fantasy 4-6 (VGM podcast)

PillarEN

Last week the Bros. looked at the NES entries of this storied franchise. Now it's time to look at the SNES entries which includes Final Fantasy 4, 5, 6. Western gamers will likely be familiar with 4 and 6 which were numbered 2 and 3 respectively in the western world when they were originally released.

Anyways. Terra's Theme forever (which isn't actually on the tracklist this week haha).

Episode Page Link

iTunes

Tracklist:

Final Fantasy IV - Nobuo Uematsu - Square - Super NES - 1991

-Theme of Love
-Welcome to Our Town
-Fight!
-Rydia
-The Dreadful Fight
-Epilogue (Part 2)

Final Fantasy V - Nobuo Uematsu - Square - Super Famicom - 1992

-Ahead On Our Way
-Tenderness In the Air
-Reminiscence
-The Evil Lord Exdeath
-Battle with Gilgamesh
-Dear Friends

Final Fantasy VI - Nobuo Uematsu - Square - Super NES - 1994

-Awakening
-Shadow
-The Phantom Forest
-The Wedding Waltz-Duel (Part 1)
-Grand Finale (Part 2)
-Searching for Friends
-Dancing Mad (Part 1)
-Dancing Mad (Part 2)

TheMoon

Love how SMB gets a weekly thread now. Sadly I've been slacking off and let the backlog build up again.

Fasty

Yeah this is great! Thanks for the weekly post.

I've actively avoided listening to any Final Fantasy music having never played the games, and have kind of come to resent how ubiquitous it is. But if anyone can sway me to listen to it, it's these guys. I like how they are focusing on the 8-16 bit games.

PillarEN

Yeah I've always loved videogame music and found out about these fellas when they interviewed Dave Wise. Have been a listener ever since. Knowing that we have videogame music enthusiasts on GAF I felt it was worth doing these weekly threads even if we get minimal responses. I'm sure it brightens up at least one persons day when they find this podcast and see that many of their favorite games or composers have been spotlighted.

Top Bottom