• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Superbeat: Xonic coming to PS4 and XB1 this Spring (NA release not announced yet)

jbug617

Banned
Superbeat: Xonic, which first launched for PS Vita in November 2015, is coming to PlayStation 4 both physically and digitally, and Xbox One digitally in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and the Middle East this spring, publisher Rising Star Games announced. We've contacted Rising Star Games regarding a North American release and are awaiting a response.

The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the PM Studios-developed rhythm game includes over 65 music tracks from R&B to rock, techno, and K-pop, including all of the downloadable content tracks from the PS Vita version, as well as brand new music featured as downloadable content.

More info from Rising Star Games

All about rhythm! – PM Studios will bring you back to the beat once again with a high-speed, intuitive system found only in Superbeat: Xonic! Is the rhythm in you?

Modes that fit you! – Depending on your skill level, you can choose between 4TRAX (beginner), 6TRAX and 6TRAX FX (master). The handy tutorial mode will always be available as well!

Massive play patterns! – Are you ready to groove to our fantastic music selection and master the monster patterns thrown at you? Raise the beat with Free Style for endless gameplay!

New music! – Superbeat: Xonic will feature Beatcraft – exclusive new music alongside several popular tracks – this music is guaranteed to electrify your Xonic experience!

Real-time DJ ranking! – Check your rank in real-time in both local and worldwide rankings! Ride your way to the top of the charts and become the best DJ!

Music to your eyes! –Enhance your DJ experience with over 50 captivating illustrations!
http://gematsu.com/2017/01/superbeat-xonic-coming-ps4-xbox-one-spring#wcsHH4T18CZOWyDc.99

Edit: Physical is PS4 only and NA release is confirmed
https://www.facebook.com/XONICSuperbeat/posts/278997599183444

Edit 2:
Just thought I'd update, it's been confirmed that Acttil is publishing the North American version.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Welp, good thing I held out buying the dlc on vita. Will buy this game again for sure.

Played this on vita. Decent game, didn't feel for a lot of the music though, and the game got a bit too hard for me past 4 notes and with a faster speed. But I appreciated all the options, and it's worth a play for rhythm fans.

This was my favorite song
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dIR-4l9eHYY

I liked most of the songs but yeah, it got too hard on the later difficulties. Couldn't respond fast enough with the buttons and the touch controls never felt right.

Roubjon

Between this in the Spring and DJMAX Respect in the Summer, my PS4 will be rockin' on nonstop 'till the break of dawn.

jzbluz

I loved this game on the vita, will probably double dip since I'm a bit afraid of playing on the vita due to having to replace my joystick.

Alkuk

Neo Member
Good to hear! Have played so many hours on Vita. Will probably buy, if there is a little bit new stuff.

I'd like to now:
Is the World Tour exactly the same or does it feature some new Missions?
No practice mode, correct!? This was one of the few issues I had. Integrate a half speed mode to practice and a whole lot of people like me will get motivated to learn even the hardest songs. I just can't stand Howling, Voodoo Gooroo or Bang Bang Groove 6Trax FX. Just too fast to learn without getting mad.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Oh, cool. I wanted to play the game, but never actually picked it up for Vita. I'll definitely grab it on PS4.

Gonna be awesome getting both this and DJ Max this year. All we need now is for Konami to get off their asses and continue IIDX on consoles.

Alkuk

Neo Member
From what I read, the trophylist is the same as for Vita.
Hm, I hoped they would add new things to it, so there is more reason for me to buy it again on PS4.

For example new trophies, new missions, new icons, training mode etc.

Tell me there is more to it, than just DLC included!

Top Bottom