• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syberia 3 delayed to Q1 2017 - Microids wants to meet fans' high expectations

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Benoît Sokal's Syberia 3 was set to release on 1st December 2016 (PS4, XB1, PC and Mac) but was recently delayed to Q1 2017. The delay will afford the studio time to add more cinematics, optional narrative sequences, and new voice-over languages according to Benoît Sokal, founder and creative director of the Syberia saga. Syberia 3 will be fully dubbed in different languages. The languages included are French, Russian, Polish, and German. There will also be subtitles for English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Korean, Czech, Polish, Brazilian, Portuguese, and Simplified and Traditional Chinese.

Elliot Grassiano, Vice President of Microids says:
"After the unprecedented excitement we have seen for this game…we decided to bring even more depth to Kate Walker’s new adventure. We are aware that fans around the world are eager to embody Kate Walker again but we need additional time to provide them with an adventure that can live up to their expectations in this fascinating universe created by Benoit Sokal."

Benoît Sokal also comments:
I am obviously disappointed that Syberia 3 is delayed because we would like to release our games as soon as the storyline is written, but I’m also relieved that Microids has taken the decision to postpone the game’s launch because it is essential to offer players the best gaming experience possible.”
syberia_3_by_digi_matrix-da3ajjs.gif

Source: https://www.vg247.com/2016/10/06/syberia-3-delayed-to-add-more-content-and-even-more-depth/

mp1990

Banned
Totally misread the title as "Metroid wants to meet fans' high expectation" lmao. Anyway, more time for me to play the original two!

The decision to dub the game in German and Russian is going to pay off so much, considering how popular classic adventure games are in Germany and Russia.

First one was nice, in a quaint sort of way. It took you to some interesting places. I remember hating the second one though, for some reason.

I'd be interested in playing this though. I'm always down for more classic adventure type fare.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
First one was nice, in a quaint sort of way. It took you to some interesting places. I remember hating the second one though, for some reason.

I'd be interested in playing this though. I'm always down for more classic adventure type fare.
That's exactly how I feel. I think I tried to play them a few years ago, too, but the second one kept crashing.

Sucks that the first two games were dubbed to spanish but the third one isn't gonna be.

The dub wasn't exactly high quality, but I'll miss kate spanish voice actress.

Crixus

For me it's a win-win. More game content and my budget for the collector's editions is no longer under pressure in November (Dishonored and Watch Dogs also wanted).

Sloane

Banned
The decision to dub the game in German and Russian is going to pay off so much, considering how popular classic adventure games are in Germany and Russia.
Good one.

Game certainly looks decent, first one was interesting in a weird way, but who knows what Microïds can do these days. So.. cautiously optimistic?

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Was really looking forward to this in december but kinda expected a delay..

Top Bottom