• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syndrome announced - Survival Horror from Camel 101 & Bigmoom (PC/PS4/XB1,Rift)

Out Q2 2016 for PC, PS4, XB1, Mac, Lin, with Rift support

http://syndromegame.com

Trailer in PR below

You wake up on a spaceship, dazed and confused from the effects of cryosleep, and begin to search for the rest of the crew. Where could they have gone? All too suddenly, you discover that most of them are dead, and those still alive are… changed.

Watch the trailer now on YouTube: https://youtu.be/AZkQMNdpUr4

With Syndrome, Camel 101 takes first person survival horror back to its roots. In the dark confines of the ship, defending yourself is difficult and not always possible. There are a few weapons scattered about, but nowhere near enough ammunition to deal with all the transformed monstrosities.

To survive and uncover the events that took place while you were asleep, you can’t always face your enemies head on; sometimes hiding and breathing as noiselessly as possible is your best course of action.

Careful resource management is a key part of Syndrome, but so is learning your enemies’ behavior. What will attract their attention? What will give you a few precious seconds to pass by undetected? Take note―each misstep could be deadly.

Main Features

Claustrophobic horror―Countless threats, both physical and psychological, await inside the ship.

Fight or flee―Use weapons and ammo wisely, as they are in limited supply.

Eerie exploration―there’s plenty to discover if you take a moment to search your surroundings.

Nothing is what it seems―It’s up to you to find out what’s really going on aboard the ship.

Reactive enemies―Cause a stir or make some noise and they’ll pick up on your location.

Oculus Rift support―Experience total immersion with Syndrome in VR.

Camel 101 is pleased to partner with Bigmoon Entertainment on Syndrome, out Q2 2016 for Windows PC, Xbox One, PS4, Mac, and Linux.

jond76

Banned
Narration was bad. Haha. "you're delusional. Out of your mind, too!" Haha

Tagline? "Jimmy, we have a problem here" is the best they could do?

I'll buy it at $20.

SuomiDude

I actually think this looks quite nice really. Not that I'm going to buy this, because I'm not much of a horror fan, but I'm sure I'll enjoy a Let's Play of this game.

Diancecht

No one is playing this? I just started playing, I think I am about %30 percent done with it. So far it feels like a low-budget Alien: Isolation/System Shock. Definetly not as polished as those titles but it has a charm to it. Animations feels wonky, sound design leaves a lot be to desired and it isn't a looker. But for a seemingly short "I am in this messed up dormant space ship, running and fighting my through it's corridors s̶w̶e̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶a̶n̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶r̶u̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶i̶-̶i̶-̶i̶n̶s̶e̶c̶t̶ ahem channels got mixed for a bit there. So yeah for a short low-budget horror experience, it plays out fine.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I haven't played it but been debating making a topic on it. Heard good things, think it's some of GAF's alley as many loved Alien Isolation and such.

Dalibor68

Banned
What happened to this other horror space station game? The one that looked more promising and where you had this scanner in hand? Can't remember the name

Top Bottom