• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Target - Black Friday Deals

CD'S BAR

I like how the doorbuster price for 3ds games that have been out for a year+ is still $25.99. What a value.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Lots of good stuff I was hoping for south park, evil within and Wolfenstein. I think that should last me a while. The evil within 1 a must play before playing the second game?

jadedm17

Was hoping for some more switch game deals like Splatoon 2, ARMS, Mario Rabbids, rayman legends, etc

Best buy gamers club unlocked is all I can say : $30 for 2 years, 20% off all new games. Mario's latest was $48(20% off $60) minus $10 (preorder certificate for certain games, but I already had one so I used one and got one back) for me

Bomberman R was also on sale for $40, or $32 with GCU, minus $10 cert and I had a $5 coupon from GCU. My out the door I believe was $18 shipped.

Origins for 35$. Not bad. Also, PS4 with 1TB is better deal than XB1 with 500GB.

To be fair X1 plays 4k Blu-ray, something no PS4 does for reasons?

I like how the doorbuster price for 3ds games that have been out for a year+ is still $25.99. What a value.

Have you bought a Pokemon game ever? Nintendo first party don't drop, and most - especially Pokemon and moreso for sealed copies - only ever increase in price. Keeping the same price a year later on a Pokemon game is an incredible value.

jadedm17

That's a great price on the PS4. But PS4...or a Switch? Decisions, decisions.Every post I've read of yours is incredibly condescending.

Consider the available library, I'd think PS4 wins.

That said my Switch is pure fucking joy and I don't even leave the house; Games like Splatoon 2 and Mario are gaming at it's core : Fun. Destiny 2 and multiplayer in general are making me sick of dealing with hardcore and multiplayer nonsense. On the flip of the coin Switch is easy to pick up and lose hours to Binding of Isaac just having fun gaming.

Lol, by my memory Nintendo first party games have never been heavily discounted on black friday.

Nintendo has the hottest item of the Holiday in the Switch, they never discount, and would be dumb to do so knowing they can barely keep up with demand as it is. It's all about the $$$

CD'S BAR

Have you bought a Pokemon game ever? Nintendo first party don't drop, and most - especially Pokemon and moreso for sealed copies - only ever increase in price. Keeping the same price a year later on a Pokemon game is an incredible value.
that was my point. in this way it might be said that nintendo is the most costly option, or at least the worst value, of the big 3 console makers.

Grinchy

Banned
Sometimes I would like to live in the States. :)

TBH, Black Friday deals are a mixed bag. The online ones are awesome. I go for those every year.

The ones where you have to shovel down Thanksgiving dinner and then speed off to the store to get trampled by poor people who want a $20 DVD player....not so much. I'm not going to be a part of that at all.

Then there are the situations where you go and get to the store Friday morning, it's a complete zoo, and then you find out that they don't even have the things you actually wanted anymore. And if you're lucky, you still end up standing around in an endless line.

Tmac

Quesntion... is there any chance to get those prices the week before bfriday?

I'll leave the US Nov 19

Mooreberg

Definitely in for Gears 4 and Wolfenstein II at those prices. Crazy how many $60 games (yeah I know, Amazon Prime and BBGC make them less than that) from October are half off a month later. Why do I get the feeling that the PC version of Destiny 2 isn't going to be see these discounts. They'll be on TTK retail equivalent before I end up getting that game. Should have done day and date on PC.

Even at $29.99, Shadow of Ware is still a meh festival to me.

jadedm17

that was my point. in this way it might be said that nintendo is the most costly option, or at least the worst value, of the big 3 console makers.

If you plan to sell your games they're actually the best value: My nephew lost my SoulSilver copy and to have him buy another would cost twice as much as I paid for a cart only option.

Heck last year I traded in several WiiU games I got at Target during a Buy 2 Get 1 event in December to the same Target six months later during a 50% Bonus event for profit. My $40 Splatoon and Smash netted $45 credit each at the time.

Cheapassgamer is a great tool to know when to strike.

modsbox

Man. $200 for PS VR headset is crazy good. People thought I was full of it when I said you'd be able to get PS4 + PSVR for <= $500 a few months back... Now you'll be able to get a slim + VR for $400? That's insane. Especially since the Move controllers aren't required for most (all?) of the best games.

Understood that the 2.0 model is slightly better, but if you don't have HDR or are willing to move around a few cables when you want to play VR to save at least $100 and if not more is totally worth it. I love PSVR but it's not something you'll use every day, I use it infrequently but when I do I go all in for a bit (RE VII, Farpoint).

Unknown?

Man. $200 for PS VR headset is crazy good. People thought I was full of it when I said you'd be able to get PS4 + PSVR for <= $500 a few months back... Now you'll be able to get a slim + VR for $400? That's insane. Especially since the Move controllers aren't required for most (all?) of the best games.

Understood that the 2.0 model is slightly better, but if you don't have HDR or are willing to move around a few cables when you want to play VR to save at least $100 and if not more is totally worth it. I love PSVR but it's not something you'll use every day, I use it infrequently but when I do I go all in for a bit (RE VII, Farpoint).
Whose to say it isn’t the upgraded model? It is insane! Maybe next year that’ll be the default price with a bundle?

Top Bottom