• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tech leaders who are not silent on Trump - list

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJKhaled

I lost all respect for Musk, the guy may be doing great work with his company but he can fuck himself for being on Trump's side, it annoys me that people try to rationalise him being on Trump's Tech Team or whatever the fuck it's called.

Also, Fuck Notch, he is worth over a billion dollars and he acts like a 16 year old alt-right 4channer.

The good part is clearly tech companies are not afraid to act if they do so together so they can't suffer blowback

This should be an interesting lesson for (say) Hollywood on pushback . Trump loves Hollywood

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Chittagong

Gold Member
America being safe made these ungrateful tech companies possible, but now they want to let waves of bad dudes to America in return. Unfair!

/s

Marquis

Banned
I'm all for being on Trump's tech team (or whatever it is called) as long as your going to stand your ground and speak up for what you believe in. The issue for me comes when these industry leaders just sit back and bite their tongues when they know what is going on is wrong.

PixelatedBookake

I'm all for being on Trump's tech team (or whatever it is called) as long as your going to stand your ground and speak up for what you believe in. The issue for me comes when these industry leaders just sit back and bite their tongues when they know what is going on is wrong.

I pretty much feel the same way. Don't we want people like Musk in advisory positions for Trump? I'm not gonna start shitting on the guy because he wants to improve the way Trump is running the country. Especially someone who believes in climate change and has taken steps towards reducing CO2 emissions in multiple counties? If anything, I'm glad Musk is there.

It didn't go from last to first. It went from not at all to first.

You are right and I misread, sorry Elon

however with 97 companies about to sue the government it would be very odd for the tech council not to agenda it.

And there is still the q of what was the outcome of the meeting. What's the purpose. Other than trump keeping them pinned to the mat.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's funny, in a not-funny-kind-of-way, to see how "progressive" the Tech sector is while at the same time they also an industry that benefits very greatly from things like tax avoidance, underpaid labor force, "disruptive" or what I would call "screw the rules we're doing this my way!" methods, avoidance of proper worker rights in the name of profits, eliminating local values / driving out communities (gentrification), etc etc etc.

Basically, they're shouting very loudly against Trump, but many of the methods they use to get money are also the same things that Trump use to build his business. Which is ironic and somewhat, if not very, hypocritical.

Ah well, it's good that they can at least act like they're heroes in the age of Trump.

Marquis

Banned
I pretty much feel the same way. Don't we want people like Musk in advisory positions for Trump? I'm not gonna start shitting on the guy because he wants to improve the way Trump is running the country. Especially someone who believes in climate change and has taken steps towards reducing CO2 emissions in multiple counties? If anything, I'm glad Musk is there.

Agreed, albeit I don't agree with Trump at all. I still would rather have intellectual geniuses be on his team who have the ability to get into his head and show him what is really going on versus not being on his team and letting him to believe in all the bullshit.

Agreed, albeit I don't agree with Trump at all. I still would rather have intellectual geniuses be on his team who have the ability to get into his head and show him what is really going on versus not being on his team and letting him to believe in all the bullshit.

I guess they can show him how the light switches work. And setup YouTube on his new smarTV

Seriously though it's really really hard to imagine what a tech council is doing for him at a time when he is struggling to control the wider narrative and hasn't filled in most of the org chart.

Alienfan

I lost all respect for Musk, the guy may be doing great work with his company but he can fuck himself for being on Trump's side, it annoys me that people try to rationalise him being on Trump's Tech Team or whatever the fuck it's called.

Also, Fuck Notch, he is worth over a billion dollars and he acts like a 16 year old alt-right 4channer.

Fuck Notch, but who exactly do you want to be on Trump's advisory board? Only people that agree with him? Musk has made it very clear that he doesn't support Trump's immigration policies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom