• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TechTV is gone, (NYC Time Warner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatalah

What the HELL is going on. A few weeks ago, as some already know, COMCAST (owner of G4 videogame network) boughtout TechTV. TechTV's a great network (well, they have their moments), and with the addition of GOOD shows instead of "Robot Wars" all the time I was pretty excited.

Except when I woke up this morning and found channel 105 on Time Warner DTV pulled.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
It's G4 Tech TV now. Still is on the same channel on my DirecTV, and the shows from Tech TV that are left are still basically the same. They did get rid of some good stuff, though. :\

B'z-chan

Banned
Blame comcast, they suck ass but i have there cable, and internet, so i shut up now.....................

THERE COMING TO GET ME, Soon they'll be coming for you [points finger]

Phoenix

They kept unscrewed which is the most worthless show in known existence, so I don;t know what they managed to find that sucked more :)

When Comcast bought TechTV, they weren't guaranteed that the channel would be retained by the cable/satellite providers. I hope this G4
Tech
TV dies a slow, costly death. If only for subjecting me to ten minutes worth of G4TV.com.

Funny, Unscrewed is the only show on TechTV that I'd consider good, quality entertainment. The rest of the junk on the channel, excepting that one with Leo Laporte -- it's gone, however -- sucks.

Now, merging the channel with an even shittier channel, and carrying such worthless shows as Anime Unleashed and Robot Wars is completely beyond me. But that's their perogative, and if they want their channel to disappear in less than a year, that's not my problem.

The worst thing, though, is that Cheat! remains. Anyone who finds Cheat! the slightest bit entertaining is clearly mentally retarded, and should not be watching TV in the first place.

aparisi2274

WTF!!!!

I just looked at my channel 105 on Time Warner and its gone. This is bullshit. I really liked this channel. Someone is gonna pay.

EDIT: I just called customer service for TWC in Staten Island and they said that as of yesterday, TWC has removed the channel with no other information. She said that they have been getting flooded with calls about it, but they have no other information at this time.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I dont have the channel either anymore >_< BOOOOOO!!!!!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
G4Techtv fucking sucks. There's more G4 programming than TechTV now, and the G4 shows are SHEET

SickBoy

Maybe I'm the only one in the world who feels this way, but even though he's obviously screwed in the head about a lot of things, I find Tommy Tallarico pretty entertaining. So I'm cool with the stuff featuring him and Victor Lucas.

Much of the other G4 programming is pretty mediocre, though. I hope they'll find a happy medium between TechTV and G4, but it's not promising so far.

-SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom