• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teen pleads guilty to attacking girlfriend for her Kerry support

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...sh31mar31,0,4570578.story?coll=sfla-news-palm

Steven Soper had his life all mapped out.

The 18-year-old from Lake Worth had been accepted into the Army and planned to enlist after graduating this spring from Santaluces High School.

But the plan came apart in late October when he attacked his girlfriend after learning she planned to vote for Sen. John Kerry in the presidential election.

And what I don't get is how getting accepted into the army is mentioned like its some big, honorable thing. Back in the days, everyone I know who joined the army did so cuz they were screw ups or had no idea what they wanted to do (bear in mind, I live near a military base and was an army brat, and those like us knew better).

Yeah, I'm a military brat, and in today's world with college education and massive oppurtunities for jobs you'd have to be a complete fucking idiot to join the Army, AirForce, Navy, etc. Perhaps if you want to be a doctor, or are entering as a officer after completion of college, I could understand it...but anything before that, nawwwwww.

My dad, who spent 20 years in the AF, told us when we were 16 that joining any of those services was strictly forbidden.

NLB2

Banned
OK, guys, the reason we pretend joining the military is such an honorable desicion is so that idiots like this dude will actually join and we won't need a draft. If you don't want to be drafted, make sure you tell every person you see in military threads that you are thankful for their sacrifices and that they are true heros. OK?

3rdman

Soper dragged Silveira, kicking and screaming, into her house before throwing her to the floor and spitting on her, police reports said. Soper reportedly bit Silveira and then placed a knife in her hand and told her to kill him, because a vote for Kerry would mean he would die anyway.

Jeez, what an idiot! I really wish the Judge would've simply said that he's be free to go if (and only if) he were to go to the Army. That would teach him, the prick.

I knew folks were gonna get pissed by my comments.

NLB2 , if you chose to be in the military, and are happy and proud of your decision, then I can respect that. But please don't tell me that you don't deal with at least a few assholes who shouldn't be there, cuz the bottom line is that it attracts a certain degree of folks who are misguided or have no direction. Hell, the military feeds on people like that.

How can I talk? Like I said, I'm an army brat, I grew on or up near a base and all my friends were in the same boat, and I've seen the positives and the negatives growing up. And like Incognito, my dad also told me at a very early age that I should not join the forces, no matter what.

AntoneM

what does the military need to fight the extremists in Iraq? extremists from America, I say send this wife beating asshole to Iraq and put him right in the middle of a fire fight.

hXc_thugg

evil solrac v3.0 said:
i'd make a comment but those hooters ads are distracting me.....

I didn't even notice, until you pointed it out. Then I noticed, and didn't care. I guess I am gay.

Ristamar

No, not gay. I'd say you're just fine.

Hooters may quite possibly have the shittiest wings on the planet, and those outfits are downright fugly. I mean, c'mon... orange shorts? Hooters sucks.

Ristamar said:
No, not gay. I'd say you're just fine.

Hooters may quite possibly have the shittiest wings on the planet, and those outfits are downright fugly. I mean, c'mon... orange shorts? Hooters sucks.

but do you care about the girl or the outfit? eh..... FREEDOM'S ON THE MARCH.

OK, guys, the reason we pretend joining the military is such an honorable desicion is so that idiots like this dude will actually join and we won't need a draft. If you don't want to be drafted, make sure you tell every person you see in military threads that you are thankful for their sacrifices and that they are true heros. OK?

Fuck you.

Dont give away the secret.

FightyF

Banned
He says he still wants to joing the military...it would be interesting to see if they would still accept him...

hXc_thugg said:
I didn't even notice, until you pointed it out. Then I noticed, and didn't care. I guess I am gay.
Just be glad you weren't reading GAF when they changed the color scheme. You could not have possibly ignored that harsh orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom