• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenager arrested as the mastermind behind the Twitter Bitcoin hack [G/A/F]

ManaByte

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A Tampa teenager is in jail, accused of being the “mastermind” behind a hack on the social media website Twitter that caused limited access to the site and high-profile accounts, according to jail records and the Hillsborough State Attorney’s Office.

Hillsborough State Attorney Andrew Warren filed 30 felony charges against the teen this week for “scamming people across America” in connection with the Twitter hack that happened on July 15. The charges he’s facing include one count of organized fraud, 17 counts of communications fraud, one count of fraudulent use of personal information with over $100,000 or 30 or more victims, 10 counts of fraudulent use of personal information and one count of access to computer or electronic device without authority.

GRAHAM-CLARK-MUGSHOT.jpg

#Phonepunk#

Banned
What a world class badass if true

dude hacked the accounts of Obama and Bill Gates that’s insane
Or get hired by a security firm. Pretty high profile "hack" for a person his age. Hopefully once he matures, he'll use his powers for good.
Oh yeah he will be able to name his price. Dude will be beyond rich

Last edited:

ManaByte

Or get hired by a security firm. Pretty high profile "hack" for a person his age. Hopefully once he matures, he'll use his powers for good.

All he did was spear phish a couple of Twitter employees to get their logins to the admin tools. It wasn't that complex and not the sort of thing a security firm hires someone over.

What a world class badass if true

dude hacked the accounts of Obama and Bill Gates that’s insane

Oh yeah he will be able to name his price. Dude will be beyond rich

He sent a couple of emails to Twitter admins in San Francisco and used their admin tools to Tweet from the accounts. He didn't actually "hack" them.

Last edited:
ManaByte ManaByte
You're correct, but he did confirm the existence of tools that Twitter had previously claimed didn't exist. Whatever skill he had or didn't have, he still managed to expose things that had only been previously speculated about.

Reactions: 888

Thaedolus

All he did was spear phish a couple of Twitter employees to get their logins to the admin tools. It wasn't that complex and not the sort of thing a security firm hires someone over.

He sent a couple of emails to Twitter admins in San Francisco and used their admin tools to Tweet from the accounts. He didn't actually "hack" them.

Are you saying when my niece grabs my phone and writes “hacked” on my social media she didn’t actually do any hackery?

DESTROYA

Never mind I read the title as masturbating and was thinking “thats against the law now”?
“Damn man put me in jail”

As much as I hate Twitter I’m glad they caught this piece of shit scammer

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Look at that badass mugshot. The kid knows there is a chance he’ll get off easy and then cash on the rep. Lol

Top Bottom