• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tekken 8 Director Confirms Game Won't Have Denuvo

Draugoth

Gold Member
Tekken 8 director Katsuhiro Harada confirmed that the next main installment in the Tekken franchise will not include the anti-piracy software Denuvo.

In a post on the social media platform X (spotted by PCGamer), Harada confirmed that the development team will not introduce Denuvo "or anything else" into Tekken 8. Harada made the statement after a now-deleted post pointed out that Tekken 8's End User License Agreement on Steam mentions Denuvo is being used under the third-party software category.

"[T]his EULA is probably simply a copy/paste of TEKKEN7 or something..." Harada posted. "Anyway, I've no plans to introduce Denuvo or anything else in TEKKEN8, so stop your tedious allergic reactions to every single thing & sit quietly (sit the hell down)."

Fake

Well, after DEnuvo kill their previous game in perfomance to the point that even he adressed in his twitter.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Makes sense too. Pirating a fighting game means no access to online, so are you really getting the full tekken 8 experience when you can't even play with other people? You're eventually going to get bored of fighting with bots.

Street Fighter 6 had denuvo, but I can better understand that considering that the game also had a much more fully fledged singleplayer mode.

//DEVIL//

If there is a game that needs one it's this one sadly.

Performance hit won't affect a game like this. But piracy will. Especially when someone is in to play the story and few matches with his friends / roommate or whatever.

But, I hope I am wrong and it sell lots on PC.

It seems they are asking for a big % cut in order to have it and Namco said fuck it not worth it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom