• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tenchu Senran (extended trailer)

Tokubetsu

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=12065&type=wmv&pl=game

Alot of people said the game looked like shit when the first trailer was released...but it doesnt look that bad. Create a ninja looks awesome. Only thing thats bugging me so far is some of the collision looks messed up and the blood isnt as dark as I'd like it to be. The amounts of blood is lacking as well ='( I would also love it to splatter on the floor and walls...

Matix

**** the haterz, that was awesome (definitely will be checking it out further). Only issue I have so far with what I've seen, is the absent of a *Next-Gen* Tenchu Level Editor (I loved that feature within some of the past games in the series).

bloke

6+ minutes of streaming gameplay video (awful quality)

mms://fromsoftware.hvod.nefficient.jp/fromsoftware/game/tenchu/senran/senranplay_soro_h.wmv

...and the actual gameplay doesn't look bad at all... unlike graphics

Barnolde

Banned
Wow, this actually looks good. It could do well if it came out a different time than NG2, that obliterated Tenchu on Xbox, plus the fact of being a late PS2 port didn't help either.

color me suprised.. hopefully this is a sign that From Soft comes through yet again.. Ninja create mode sounds fun. i really want this game to be good but im still pretty skeptical.

antiloop

At least it got stable 60 fps and the gameplay and presentation seems good. Now they need to work on the rest.

mug

antiloop said:
At least it got stable 60 fps and the gameplay and presentation seems good. Now they need to work on the rest.
Multiplayer too correct? Personally I thought the game was a PSP game when they were going through the character customization but the actual gameplay looks great for a traditional game in the ninja genre. I'm a sucker for these games - definitely on my list.

Make your own ninja. Run really fast. Huge enviroments. Solid graphics. Ceiling climbing. Ceiling kills. More brutal kill animations. Wall running. Online modes.

Awesome! So what if it doens't scream next-gen graphically, it looks to be a great improvement on one of my favorite games this gen.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
EBCubs03 said:
There's no way this can be better than tenchu ds

just no way
If it can't even surpass Tenchu DS, how will it ever surpass the vastly superior Tenchu PSP?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I guess it's a pet peeve of mine, but dammit, Tenchu PSP gets WAY too much hate. It's a good game; I loved playing through it and had no problem getting 100% completion, draw distance "issues" and all. Tenchu DS is the exact opposite, as it doesn't get ENOUGH hate. :)

I can't wait for the game on Xbox 360...as long as it's as good as Fatal Shadows, I'll be satisfied. Comes out in about a month in Japan.

Soul4ger

Sales + 1 for me. Might not be the most technically impressive game, but it's solid enough for me to be really excited about it.

I loved Tenchu: Stealth Assassins, I've owned and played Tenchu: Birth of the Stealth Assassins (Or Dawn or whatever) and Wrath of Heaven, both of which kind of sucked. Tenchu II sucked because it didn't play into the hardwares strengths and weakness like the first game did, and WoH sucked because it was waaaaayyyy too much like the PS1 games in terms of graphics, enemy A.I. (or lack there of), crusty dated moving mechanics, horrific melee combat and all that.

That trailer looks like garbage, tacking more on to the existing gameplay isn't gonna make it better. It needs to be improved and updated so it doesn't feel like I'm playing a ganme with 3D gameplay mechanics from the mid 90's.

The idea is ****ing cool, but From is just pissing away the potential.

Tokubetsu

bloke said:
6+ minutes of streaming gameplay video (awful quality)

mms://fromsoftware.hvod.nefficient.jp/fromsoftware/game/tenchu/senran/senranplay_soro_h.wmv

...and the actual gameplay doesn't look bad at all... unlike graphics

Wow, I want this >:[

bloke

Another gameplay video for few of you that care, this time showing multiplayer coop, pretty cool, low quality streaming of course

mms://a1989.v221825.c22182.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1989/22182/v0001/amazonjp.download.akamai.com/22182/wm.amazonjp/VG/vg_B000GWKY7Q.wmv

hope the link will work, if not go to http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B000GWKY7Q/ and click on WMV link

BioFan

bloke said:
Another gameplay video for few of you that care, this time showing multiplayer coop, pretty cool, low quality streaming of course

mms://a1989.v221825.c22182.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1989/22182/v0001/amazonjp.download.akamai.com/22182/wm.amazonjp/VG/vg_B000GWKY7Q.wmv

hope the link will work, if not go to http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B000GWKY7Q/ and click on WMV link
WOW
coop looks FUN!

graphic might not be great but I want this game

JoeFenix

That looked AWESOME.

Animations seem pretty cool too. Sure gfx could be better but that looked fun as hell!

GIMME! :D

Wow. With the first Tenchu being one of my favorite games, and one of the few games that I've played through probably as much as SOTN, I must say that I am seriously hyped.

That looks freaking AWESOME!

It looks like this could definitely be the best Tenchu game yet.
Create-A-Ninja FTW!

jarrod

Banned
Bebpo said:
Because they make the games real quick and for real cheap? These are basically budget games sold at full price.
Are you talking specifically about Tenchu games or 360 games? Or both? :p

Goddamnit. Tenchu's just one of those series that doesn't evolve with the hardware. The first one was basically an attempt at a ninja simulator, magic and demons notwithstanding, but Wrath of Heaven was an arcade stealth game. I still enjoyed it, and the music has been pretty consistent (the first game still has the best score), but I wish they would at least make it seem like they were trying. I guess the original team went on to do something a little more in line with their original concepts when they did Way of the Samurai, but that's not enough.

Damn, I love that track in the trailer. Funny thing this thread got bumped I was just wathcning the trailer this weekend. I imported the orginal PS1 game after I got a taste of it at a plas one weekend. And dropped cash on the US localization as well. The sequels were OK, but just didn't do it for me personally. And the XBox game dropped like 2 days before Ninja Gaiden so I never got a chance to check it out or sampe it's online play. But this game has potential, and I will check itout if it gets a US release. If From Software has paid attnetion to the Splinter Cell online co-op, this game could be amazing!

original PSX Tenchu also holds a very special place in my heart.....

I did also skip its sequels like alotta people did, but maybe this one will grab me again like the first one

Nervik

Here's the Japanese mag score of this game. What do you think ? is it going to be good?

Tenchu Senran (Xbox 360, From Software): 8, 7, 7, 7 - (29/40)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Nervik said:
Here's the Japanese mag score of this game. What do you think ? is it going to be good?

Tenchu Senran (Xbox 360, From Software): 8, 7, 7, 7 - (29/40)

I think it will be as good as Fatal Shadows. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Top Bottom