• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Terminator Survivors - Official Cinematic Reveal Trailer | PS5, XBS, Steam

ABOUT THIS GAME​

00_HEADER.gif

Solo or in co-op, play as a group of survivors in this survival open world return to the iconic Terminator universe set in the aftermath of Judgment Day.

It’s been four years since the day humanity nearly perished. The truth of the event is still muddied in half-truths as you emerge from a shelter to attempt and reestablish some semblance of society in a world that seems hell-bent on eliminating you and the last vestiges of mankind. You are tasked with scouring the surrounding land for materials, information, other survivors and key resources in order to establish a base of operations for your fledgling group.

But you’re not alone. Skynet’s machines are hunting you. They don’t feel anything. They never stop. Ever. Until they completed their mission: eradication of all humanity. Alone or within a group of up to four, lead humanity’s rise from the ashes and unravel the truth behind the bombs, Skynet and the Terminator threat.

01_TITRE_EN.gif

01_GIF.gif

Meet iconic characters of the franchise as well as original ones and immerse yourself in a meticulously crafted world set in the post-apocalyptic future of James Cameron’s masterpiece.

02_TITRE_EN.gif

02_GIF.gif

Explore the open world to discover the key materials and survivors you need to advance your home base, but never forget: The fearsome and deadly Terminator is out there, hunting you, and a constant threat.

03_TITRE_EN.gif

03_GIF.gif

Learn more about what happened on Judgment Day in an unexplored storyline and try to change humanity’s fate.

04_TITRE_EN.gif

04_GIF.gif

Grow the remnants of humanity at a home base you’ll use to establish a new foothold for humanity and stand tall against the machine threat alone or in co-op with up to three friends.

05_TITRE_EN.gif

05_GIF.gif

While you’ll be armed to attack up close and at range, stealth and caution may be more intelligent approaches with Skynet’s machines and scavengers lurking.

06_END.gif

Oh boy. A trailer with no gameplay for an open world survival game featuring a squad of four players. How original. We've never seen this before. Tell me, do you shoot and then loot enemies? Will there be microtransactions that allow for you to buy character and weapon skins? I'm so excited.

CamHostage

Who’s the developer?

Nacon Milan, who apparently contributed to some of the KT Racing games (credited on TT Isle of Man ROTE3) but as far as I can tell are new.

I'm always out as soon as I hear of a survival game about gathering resources.

Well, they put the concept pitch right there in the title, so they did you a favor I guess.

"Survival" is the new MOBA or Hero Shooter or Mascot Platformer; it's the big genre idea that established brands are now seeking to try their hand at now that it's proven to be bank for others, a few will be good but if you don't like chopping trees and managing asset menus then you can skip it and wait for the next big craze.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Guaranteed success incoming...

Game Industry: How do we lower costs and increase profits? If only someone could solve this enigma.

Last edited:

CamHostage

Super generic trailer...

Actually, I don't think it's super generic... well, for the Terminator franchise at least; for a survival game, it's a pretty typical "There's nobody left but us, let's find some loot here and get out, uh oh who's that lurking..." teaser.

As a Terminator game, however, it's in an area not typically covered in the movies or games, a suburbia devoid of humans but not ravaged by nuclear obliteration. There's sunlight, kind of, and we know nothing of anything but blue nights and red lasers and grey rubble from what we have seen of the future in Terminator movies. (...I'm not sure that this setting actually makes sense for a post-nuclear world, even on the outskirts of civilization, but at least they turned the lights on.)

Deerock71

Oh boy. A trailer with no gameplay for an open world survival game featuring a squad of four players. How original. We've never seen this before. Tell me, do you shoot and then loot enemies? Will there be microtransactions that allow for you to buy character and weapon skins? I'm so excited.
This trailer did absolutely nothing for me.

MiguelItUp

I was really looking forward to this, still kinda am. But wtf was up with that song selection? The lyrics and tone of the song make it hard to take any of it seriously. Such a bizarre choice to me.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
What guns did they have in that trailer? Was that an M4? A Remington shotgun?

What were they going to do? Tickle the Terminators to death?

C'mon man.

Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range ffs. At least.. :messenger_sunglasses:

kondorBonk

Post apocalyptic fight against the machines is pretty uninspired. Would be nice if they built their own world or lore with that idea and designed fun robots with interesting mechanics instead of a terminator which is probably just an invincible human rig using human weapons...

Whats the point of Terminator outside of the present? That's where all the fun is. It could be anyone and go anywhere. You cant trust anyone and no one will believe you. There are better ideas to be done with the Terminator license.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Post apocalyptic fight against the machines is pretty uninspired. Would be nice if they built their own world or lore with that idea and designed fun robots with interesting mechanics instead of a terminator which is probably just an invincible human rig using human weapons...

Whats the point of Terminator outside of the present? That's where all the fun is. It could be anyone and go anywhere. You cant trust anyone and no one will believe you. There are better ideas to be done with the Terminator license.

Studio has to execute on a specific framework. This framework in particular is very doable and very lucrative.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
What guns did they have in that trailer? Was that an M4? A Remington shotgun?

What were they going to do? Tickle the Terminators to death?

C'mon man.

Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range ffs. At least.. :messenger_sunglasses:
LOL. I was thinking the same thing. The m4 didn't have a scope or iron site either.

Romulus

I was really looking forward to this, still kinda am. But wtf was up with that song selection? The lyrics and tone of the song make it hard to take any of it seriously. Such a bizarre choice to me.

That was easily one of the worst songs I've heard in any trailer. The end was cringe. SIR-VIVE-ERS. Wtf.

Still hopeful the game will be good.

Sounds like you hate games.

Sybrix

We know for sure that this is a shit game?

You know what he means, i don't think we have to look to far back to see an open world game teased with little or no gameplay, then a few "gameplay" trailers that dont actually represent the game, then for it to be released as a shambles, see The Day Before.

These open world survival games can be released as sub par cash grabs.

I hope this one isnt because the premise sounds great.

Never pre-order until you see a streamer playing it, then decide if you want it.

Top Bottom