• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 360 in Japan

C4Lukins

This is probably completely meaningless, but it is still fun to bitch about. So Amazon is a pretty poor indicator of how well games are selling in the US. It has always been heavily slanted towards PC games, and you will find games selling in the top ten on the actual charts not selling on the top 25 at Amazon. I am admitting it is a bad indicator.

But typically if a game is doing well on Amazon it is probably doing pretty well here. Now looking at the Japanese charts, it could even be less relavent. Maybe nobody uses amazon in Japan, or maybe only Americans in Japan use Amazon. In either case, I have been watching these charts for awhile. And the 360 has a better penetration then it has ever had there at this moment.

I have checked it at least once a month for awhile, and I never have seen more then 3 or 4 360 games or products on there at a time, and I have never seen the console in the top 75. Look at it now.

8 Dead or Alive VBall, it was 2 earlier today
21. Blue Dragon
22. Dead Rising
48. Culdcept
52. 360 Core
56. Either Samuraii Warriors or Tenchu, I do not recognize the art
61. Sylpheed
77. Tomb Raider Legends
81. 360 memory card.... They love the core
86. 360 HD DVD- It is only mostly dead in Japan
94. Lost Planet
98. 360 Premium (yes the core is selling better somewhere in the world then the premium)

So who knows. I have been watching these charts for several months now though, and this is the first time I have seen more 3 or 4 360 products on there. At the very least, we are going to see an increase of 360 console sales by at least double next week. Which will put it safely in that hardcore 2000 consoles a week area where the Nomad is still going strong.

C4Lukins

Odysseus said:
They'll finally be able to distance themselves from GameCube in the weeklies.

Your favorite couple of games are MS exclusives but you still have such a spite for them.

Odysseus

Banned
C4Lukins said:
Your favorite couple of games are MS exclusives but you still have such a spite for them.

Bububububut

C4Lukins said:
At the very least, we are going to see an increase of 360 console sales by at least double next week. Which will put it safely in that hardcore 2000 consoles a week area where the Nomad is still going strong.

I just said the same thing you said. :(

Um...is this thread just for the two of you, or can I come in?

This has to be a fluke. If the PS3 price announcement didn't move 360s, I don't think anything else will. Maybe brick and mortar stores stopped carrying 360 games.

Wunderchu

Leondexter said:
Maybe brick and mortar stores stopped carrying 360 games.
that is kinda what is actually happening;
TheTrin said:
I was thinking about pickin it up today, but just because of the nature of 360 here in Japan (lolz), I have to go to a big store to even find it in stock. I'm going to have to wait for my paycheck to clear, and go pick it up from Yodobashi Umeda this weekend....

...EDIT: To clarify what I meant by the nature of the 360 in Japan, many small stores do not order new 360 games for their stock because it doesn't sell. Instead, the only thing they have in stock is initial orders of launch games, or any other games that were sold to the store at some point.
[source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4440741#post4440741 ]

Seriously though, all Sony has to do is sell through the 100,000 or so PS3's that Japan will get at launch and they will be ahead of the 360 in Japan. :lol

I guess I hadn't heard it was launching. It's only $240. The Amazon page is funny, they recommend buying the Core along with the hard drive separately.

Top Bottom