• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The BEYONCÉ visual album experiencé

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

jjwJibgksqRG8.jpg

Beyoncé filmed video's for all the tracks from her highly acclaimed album BEYONCÉ, and they have all been put officially online this week on Youtube VEVO!

Experience the real ARTPOP:

Pretty Hurts

In this traditional Beyoncé ballad, she sings about the pressures and insecurities associated with being "pretty." The pageant-theme video shows the beauty contestants behind-the-scenes, fighting, being criticized about their weight, battling anorexia, getting Botox injections and spray-on tans.

Ghost

Beyoncé vents on this moody, electronic track. While she complains about not trusting "these record labels," she quips, "Soul not for sale. Probably won't make no money off this. Oh well. Reap what you sow." In the accompanying video, she's dressed in black -- even blackface in some scenes -- and dances against flickering lights.

Haunted

Bey sings with slurred, sultry vocals over a dark, progressive drum and bass track. The lyrics seem to imply a haunting sensual relationship with someone she calls a "ghost in the sheets." Illuminati theorists will love picking this video apart as its theme is based on Beyoncé checking into a hotel occupied by the spirits of dead people.

Drunk in Love feat. Jay Z

This booming, southern crunkfest is more outrageous than Rihanna and Chris Brown's sexually explicit "Birthday Cake" collab and Kanye West and Kim Kardashian's naughty motorcycle "Bound 2" video. Beyoncé frolics on the beach as she sings about how liquor gets her in the mood, and Jay Z loves it, describing in too much detail a breakfast make-out session with his wife.

Blow

Beyoncé takes it back to the 1970s with this adult-themed, fun and funky roller-skating jam with a video to match.

No Angel

Beyoncé pays big homage to H-Town with this grinding, slow jam featuring in the video cameos from the city's finest rappers Bun B, Paul Wall, Slim Thug, Z-Ro, Kirko Bangz, Trae that Truth, Chad Jr. and Geto Boys members Scarface, and Willie D.

Yoncé

Like her rap song "Diva," "Yoncé" gives her another opportunity to satisfy her hip hop muse and look pretty for the camera.

Partition

According to this song, behind the partition in a chauffeured car is a good place for impromptu rendezvous. Beyoncé is at her raunchiest, dropping a reference to Monica Lewinsky that will surely get noticed on the sexy, smooth hip hop banger. In the video, though, Beyoncé is determined to maintain her man's interest, treating Jay Z to private dances and flashing ample thong-shots for camera.

Jealous

A vulnerable Beyoncé admits to insecurities in this mid-tempo ballad. In the short, she allows jealously consume her until she can regain her composure.
Rocket

It's only fitting that this sensual ode to making love would find inspiration from Prince and D'Angelo. The video sets the mood with 4-in-a-half minutes of Beyoncé's sensual poses.

Mine feat. Drake

This begins as another soft, introspective track. Beyoncé's airy vocals address taking things too far as a lyrical dance routine unfolds. But the pace picks up as Drake joins in with a hypnotic, hip hop chant.

XO

Beyoncé further described the filming of the video as "insanely chaotic" before adding that it captured "raw, fun and being in the moment".

***Flawless

We heard "Flawless" earlier this year. Previously called "Bow Down," it was the first leaked track from "Beyoncé." The chime-ridden melody accompanied by a driving, hefty bass groove set the tone for Beyoncé to reprimand her childhood nemeses. The video shows footage of Girls Tyme, an early incarnation of Destiny's Child, competing and losing on the Star Search talent competition. After the intro clip, Beyoncé parties in a dilapidated space channeling a scene from "Fight Club." The visual turns slow motion for a pro-girl PSA from Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche.

Superpower feat. Frank Ocean

Frank Ocean and Beyoncé sound great together on this strong ballad about unbreakable love. The video revisits the post-apocalyptic theme of "Run the World (Girls)," as the queen and a few pretty cool surprise cameos faceoff with the militaristic regime.

Heaven

The serene tribute to a dearly-departed friend is depicted with a emotional clip of good times shared (tattoos, wedding, hiking) and Beyoncé paying her respects.

Blue

Yes, the song in which she sings "hold onto me Blue" to her daughter is super sweet as is the video that captures them enjoying the company of the locals in Rio de Janeiro. But the best part comes near the end when the precious toddler says, "Hold onto me," and offers her best pronunciation of Beyoncé.
Grown Woman

Beyoncé wins for the magical footage of baby Bey and Kelly Rowland singing the lyrics to this song. The video shows their evolution over the years and settles on modern day Mrs. Carter dancing to the song's Afro-Cuban rhythms.

The album is almost one year old now. It's still one of the best albums recorded by a pop female artist imo. It offers so much variation. And the video's are amazing.

What did you think of this visual album? My favorite video's are Ghost and Partition.

I find them to be an exercise in excess and over-indulgence and that the visual album idea is worse than the double-album of the early 90s.
Even if the songs were good, which they aren't, it would flood the market with too much at a time.

If other people like it, fair enough, enjoy. I don't share in your enthusiasm.

Oh and before Pop-GAF throws a shit fit and calls me biased, Katy Perry's new album sucked.

Bladenic

I find them to be an exercise in excess and over-indulgence and that the visual album idea is worse than the double-album of the early 90s.

Even if the songs were good, which they aren't, it would flood the market with too much at a time.

save for a select few, nailed it.

videos arent anything special either

the whole album's acclaim and even the meager sales success was due to its release.

Grizzo

But aren't those from last year? They were available when you bought the album on iTunes right? Or did she just upload them on YouTube?

Ever since B'Day, Beyoncé has been doing the whole "1 video per song". The results vary from great to lazy, but I appreciate the effort and I'll give her that.

Majmun

But aren't those from last year? They were available when you bought the album on iTunes right? Or did she just upload them on YouTube?

Ever since B'Day, Beyoncé has been doing the whole "1 video per song". The results vary from great to lazy, but I appreciate the effort and I'll give her that.

All 17 video's have been put officially online this week on Youtube VEVO

Yado

This didn't happen with 4 nor the Sasha Fierce album.

Wilsongt

Oh and before Pop-GAF throws a shit fit and calls me biased, Katy Perry's new album sucked.

Even as a non Beyonce fan, I did enjoy a large majority of songs on the album. All on them except Drunk in Love, Superpower, Angel, and that one with drake.

Galang

Banned
One of the best albums from the last decade. Each song is really good on it's own and I liked the execution of a lot of the videos just because the concepts were mostly simple. You don't need a high budget or crazy ideas to do a great video at all. I'm glad it didn't end up to be some try hard lady gaga mess... The real Artpop indeed

DOWN

Banned
Why the heck isn't the Platinum Edition on Blu-Ray? And why doesn't iTunes sell HD music Videos?

Agreed with you up until the last point. Prism was really good.

doesn't "Partition" like or "stan" or whatever iamsalami??? lol or maybe that was someone else I forget

BEYONCÉ is great and it's a shame that the videos seem to have less of an impact because they all came out at the same time. Each one individually is sublime, with few exceptions (Pretty Hurts lol, Blue [what's up with BIC's hair???]).

JISM is incredible if you pretend a handful of songs don't exist.

Beysus deserves to be a mod honestly, get into him

Partition

Banned
doesn't "Partition" like or "stan" or whatever iamsalami??? lol or maybe that was someone else I forget

BEYONCÉ is great and it's a shame that the videos seem to have less of an impact because they all came out at the same time. Each one individually is sublime, with few exceptions (Pretty Hurts lol, Blue [what's up with BIC's hair???]).

JISM is incredible if you pretend a handful of songs don't exist.

Beysus deserves to be a mod honestly, get into him

i love iamwhatiam, my favourite album is Kin!

Majmun

So, BEYONCÉ has been nominated for the Album of the Year, Best Urban Contemporary Album and the Best Surround Sound Album Grammy Awards. She better snatch them all.

She also released new BEYONCÉ themed video's:

Yours and Mine

Beyoncé talking about life and being famous. She's so inspirational
ibyO2dL7c49Nla.gif

Jonas Åkerlund and BEYONCÉ

Jonas Åkerlund directed two video's for BEYONCÉ. Haunted and Superpower.
His reaction in the beginning. lol

Haunted will be featured in the 50 Shades of Grey movie. Hope it smashes. The song and video are REALLY GOOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom