• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The defense for Gamestop's policy to sell opened or used games as new by an employee.

Alpha Male

Back in the day, Prima Nocta also was said to be to the groom's benefit.
Screenshot-from-2019-03-27-14-59-53.png
šŸ˜

Rayderism

I haven't bought a game from Gamestop in so many years that I don't even know how long it's been. It's been over a year since I've even been in one. The only things I have bought from them in about the last (unknown amount of) years or so is accessories.....controller charging bases, controller wraps, disk case towers, stuff like that, but not games.

Gamestop should really double down on gaming accessories. There's a whole lot of accessories that they could carry that currently can only be found online. Analog to digital converters for older consoles, that M-cable HDMI cable, maybe even TV's known to be great for gaming, along with the charging bases and controller wraps and etc. that they already carry. I mean, if you could walk into a store and buy some of those unique accessories that could only be found online and have it in your hand the same moment you payed your money, wouldn't you rather do that than pay online and wait days or months to get it? I know I would.

F31 Leopard

I always shop at Gamestop because they carry a lot of niche titles and new sealed out of print games. Their open box policy is shitty so I always ask them if the display copy is the last one and if it is I don't buy it. I then ask if they can check other locations in my area for non-gutted copies. It's to a point where some of the employees know I won't buy gutted and give me sealed if they have and will also help me find a sealed copy at another store if they only have gutted. Also Gamestop has some pretty cool preorder swag.

Last edited:
Top Bottom