• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Drop: New PlayStation Games for 2/28/2017 (Horizon Zero Dawn, Suikoden IV,WRC 6)

Loudninja

New Releases: Week of February 28, 2017

A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
PS4 — Digital (Out 3/1)

ACA NeoGeo Nam-1975
PS4 — Digital (Out 3/2)

Dying: Reborn
PS4, PS VR, PS Vita — Digital

forma.8
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Ghost Blade HD
PS4 — Digital

Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
PS4 — Digital

Horizon Zero Dawn
PS4 — Digital, Retail

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
PS4 — Digital

Stranger of Sword City Revisited
PS Vita — Digital

Suikoden IV (PS2 Classic)
PS3 — Digital

Torment: Tides of Numenera
PS4 — Digital, Retail

The Walking Dead — The Telltale Series: A New Frontier
PS4 — Retail

WRC 6
PS4 — Digital, Retail (Out 3/3)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/02/24/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-2282017/

Suikoden IV is alarmingly average and I don't play on my PS3 anymore and I shouldn't really give Konami any more money, but if there's a chance that they finally, eventually, get around to Suikoden V it's worth it.

Edit: Ha, that's what everyone thinks.

This is the only game that matters this week...

32246691743_c4a6362583.jpg

Suiko 4 is balls. I have it and I still regret buying that and 5. I should replay them sometime just to remind myself to not play it for another 10 years or more!

Guymelef

1.5 years ago Konami trolled us with Suikoden III release for PS3 instead of PS4, now this.... 2019 Suikoden V for PS3.

kevin1025

Banned
June 2015: Suikoden III
February 2017: Suikoden IV

So I guess it'll be October 2018 when Suikoden V hits PS3!

But ah well, I'll pick it up sometime, the PS3 has become my JRPG backlog machine, haha.

postaboy

I'm going to list my copy of Suikoden V on Amazon before the price plummet. Too risky knowing that there's a chance it will be on PSN someday.

June 2015: Suikoden III
February 2017: Suikoden IV

So I guess it'll be October 2018 when Suikoden V hits PS3!

But ah well, I'll pick it up sometime, the PS3 has become my JRPG backlog machine, haha.

No, October 2018 is when Suikoden Tactics hits PS3. Suikoden V won't come till June 2020.

Is Suikoden IV that bad? Never played it but I really want a Suikoden on my PS4. Also was his announced before? This was a total surprise to me.

I wonder why they skipped 3.

I know people consider Suikoden 4 as the black sheep of the series. But I have really fond memories of that game. The story is really disappointing and the cast felt really underdeveloped. But there's something about this game thats addicting to me. Suikoden 4 have the longest playtime in a single playthrough save file I had in the series. I keep playing trying to complete armor set, or even trying to make my party overpowered by grinding for rune pieces etc. Things that I've never compelled to do in other suikoden.

Maybe it's the because of the time it's released and I have a lot of time to play game and perhaps there are no other game that interest me at the time.

EricB

Never played it but I really want a Suikoden on my PS4.

I wonder why they skipped 3.

It is coming to PS3 not PS4 unfortunately, and they didn't skip 3, it is also available on PS3 (along with 1 and 2 as PS1 classics). I'd wager 5 will come along at some point.

Tierkris on the DS? That wasn't Suiko 6. Reimagining of the series, totally unrelated to the rest of the games.

This could also be referring to Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki on PSP. This game was also a reimagining of sorts—being set in a different world—and it is the only game (aside from the visual novels) which was never localized. Reviews and word of mouth seems fairly tepid, though I had a surprisingly good time with Tierkris, so it would be nice to at least get a fan translation at some point.

As for Suikoden IV, it is the only game in the series (other than the PSP game and Tactics) that I've never played. Even though it may be a weak entry, I'm glad to be able to add it to my virtual collection and find out for myself.

AudioEppa

My heart dropped for a second out of excitement when I saw the walking dead. I thought it was episode 3 😨

Damn telltale hurry up!

SUIKODEN IV
It's the worst of the series but damn is it nice to have it easily available. Been a while since 3 was uploaded.
Now just gotta wait for 5, haha

I wonder if I should bother buying suikoden 4 on ps3. I barely turn on my ps3 nowadays. And i still have my ps2 disc. And If I want to replay the game, emulator is probably the way to go compared to ps3 .

Neat, I like Suikoden IV. I seem to recall it having progressive scan while V didn't for some reason. Also I found IV's battle visuals such as monster design to be better than V's as well. Glad to see it becoming available for purchase again beyond the PS2 original.

Top Bottom