• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Falconeer: Warrior Edition - PS5 Gameplay 4K 60FPS

rubhen925

Got a chance to play the game early thanks to the publisher. Here's some info about the game:

- Game launches on August 5th for PS5, PS4, and Switch
- PS5 install size is 1.04 GB
- PR confirms the game runs at 4K 60FPS. As a matter of fact no modes to choose from. No real display settings to edit or play around with. Standard setting set by the dev for the game.
- Falconeer originally launched as a XSX launch title. This Warrior edition is releasing now with all DLC and comes with the new Edge of the World Expansion
- Edge of the World Expansion has 3 new mini campaigns & 9 new missions in a new area called Mongress Mawsprings. These DLC missions will be marked on your map.
- Expansion also has two exclusive Legendary Ace classes & mounts. The Arbiter Class and Fenix Mount, as well as the Corsair class and Pteron mount.
- New weapons called Imperial Shocklance, an electric weapon with the ability to eliminate multiple enemies at once.
- level cap increase from 20 to 24 through the various ancient items that can be discovered throughout the Great Ursee.
- If your controller has drift issues, the bird will start flying crazy in all directions. Becomes hard to control. You can see that in the videos at times.
- Landing in this game is never mentioned or taught in tutorial, so I'm gonna help you out here. Approach a perch and you will see arrows. Fly into those arrows and you will see an option to press X to land.
- Haptics are nice. Even during the main menu the thunder caused rumble in the controller, as well as flying in the air. There's some other subtle touches.
- The game is slow to start, will take a couple hours before you can purchase new mounts and guns to make things a bit more exciting.

That's pretty much it for now. If I can think of anything else, I'll add it.

PS5 Gameplay:

Last edited:
Top Bottom